Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mini Me.

21 Day Green Smoothie Detox With Pics

post-139318-0-37665900-1337949023_thumb.post-139318-0-51386700-1337949174_thumb.Hi so I have been a member here for a few years. I have been on every antibiotic! accutane! Every possible cream! Had lasers spent thousands on peels you name there's nothing I haven't tried. Except diet.

I have just ended a 3 day apple fast to prepare me for a 21 day green smoothie detox. I will eat nothing but green smoothies for 21 days. And shall post regular updates and photos. I want to do this to clear my red marks, acne and kick start my healthy eating!

P.S the apple fast cleared active acne. But you will see in a minuet when I post pics the marks which I have left.

Edited by Mini Me.

I'm really interested to see how this goes! I'm the same - diet has been the only thing I haven't completely overhauled in an effort to clear my skin - even though my diet is not really that bad to begin with. So maybe I'll end up trying this out too...

Do you think you could also post a couple of the smoothie recipes you use here? Also - what does the apple fast involve?

Yes of course ill post the recipes which i use. the apple fast, well the book is called acne free in 3 days and basically you only eat apples and drink water for 3 days. and do nightly enemas to empty your bowls. it cleared all my active acne and just left me with red marks. but i have no active acne left at all. if you look at my pics you well see my skin is smooth not bumpy but yeah jut left with acne marks. So I'm hoping the green smoothie detox will help fade them.

Thanks for that :)

I'll look into both the apple fast and green smoothies - I think they may be something worth trying

You're skin looks great by the way - yeah hopefully this green smoothie thing does work out!

Turns out that some of the things which work best are often the simplest. Wish I'd caught on years ago, might have been able to clear my acne a lot sooner. Then again, I suppose I would have been skeptical because it took some convincing to step away from all the antibiotics and topicals. Live and learn! Reckon your skin's looking awesome by the way but if you'd like to improve things even further then here's hoping it works for you. :)

P.S THIS IS MY ACNE BEFORE THE 3 DAY APPLE FAST. SO YOU CAN SEE I HAD A LOT OF BIG PAPULES. AND SOOO BUMPY

Edited by Mini Me.

Looks like even the apple fast alone had great results - really makes me want to try it out!

Wow they're some staggeringly positive results! Delighted for you...I actually can't believe your skin went from that to your first pictures in 3 days.... That is crazy. But well done. And all the best with the detox! Damn I might try this out. After I finish my exams though which is on the 18th June. Ugh

The 3 day apple fast works, but the results are only temporary & short-lived. I know this from personal experience because I've done it 3 times myself. The book: Acne-Free in 3 days, is a very clever way of making money, because it's such a quick & simple procedure (temporary fix). The reason why it works so well, is because you are essentially removing all waste material from within the body, in every organ, including the skin. So I'm guessing it would potentially heal a lot of other alignments. It is a fast after all, & that's what fasts do. And how it works exactly, is due to a substance in apples, called 'Pectin'. It's this known substance that absorbs toxins. The enemas help the relief of this procedure, to make sure you're removing all the digested apples from your bowels along with all the absorbed toxins.

Damn I might try this out. After I finish my exams though which is on the 18th June. Ugh

That's why I'm waiting to try this out - I have exams coming up too.

For anyone who has tried the apple fast - do you feel drained / fatigued at all while on the fast? Don't really want to be feeling like that when I have assessment to do...

Good luck with your exam by the way :)

You really should only do it where you have 3 days off. You could possibly have aches and pains. It's sort of a state of depression that you go through, as much as acne is, but it's more full-on within those 3 days. You'll want to be as comfortable as possible, & preferably at home, where you can relax & doing nothing strenuous. It does tend to drain my energy & mood.

Damn I might try this out. After I finish my exams though which is on the 18th June. Ugh

That's why I'm waiting to try this out - I have exams coming up too.

For anyone who has tried the apple fast - do you feel drained / fatigued at all while on the fast? Don't really want to be feeling like that when I have assessment to do...

Good luck with your exam by the way :)

Thank you :) The very best of luck to you to!! Heres to great exam results and clear skin :D

You really should only do it where you have 3 days off. You could possibly have aches and pains. It's sort of a state of depression that you go through, as much as acne is, but it's more full-on within those 3 days. You'll want to be as comfortable as possible, & preferably at home, where you can relax & doing nothing strenuous. It does tend to drain my energy & mood.

Thanks for that info :)

I'll be waiting until after exams then

You're welcome. Maybe you can ask the OP for specifics of the book. Just try to follow-up with the fast and do everything you can that you know is best for you. This way, the apple fast will give you a good kickstart. But don't expect to yeild long-term results if you don't follow-up to it.

Good luck!

You're welcome. Maybe you can ask the OP for specifics of the book. Just try to follow-up with the fast and do everything you can that you know is best for you. This way, the apple fast will give you a good kickstart. But don't expect to yeild long-term results if you don't follow-up to it.

Good luck!

I've found info about the book online - sounds like it's the right one.

I'd also been looking for a detox, or something similar, to kick-start diet related acne treatment - and I think the apple fast seems like a good one to try. I'll be sure to follow it up.

Hi guys the first day is the hardest but once you get to the second day it gets a lot easier. It's definiatly worth doing especially to kick start a healthy lifestyle!!

Update on my green smoothie cleanse....

Day 4 on cleanse...

Haven't had a single pimple in 4 days and my skin already Is becoming a lot more even toned. And has glow. Also my eyes are sparkling.... I have so much energy.. I'll update pics on a week of the smoothie cleanse.... X

Hi guys the first day is the hardest but once you get to the second day it gets a lot easier. It's definiatly worth doing especially to kick start a healthy lifestyle!!

Day 4 on cleanse...

Haven't had a single pimple in 4 days and my skin already Is becoming a lot more even toned. And has glow. Also my eyes are sparkling.... I have so much energy.. I'll update pics on a week of the smoothie cleanse.... X

Good to hear it's seemed to start off well. :)

Are you still doing the green smoothie cleanse? If so - I hope it's working out

Day 4 on cleanse...

That's awesome! So happy for you! :D Keep us all updated! What exactly are you putting in your smoothies? Also, I'd be interested in trying this but I'd be afraid to lose any weight :/ So are you losing any weight or have you not noticed anything so far?

you look like kristen stewart! n e ways gl!

Wow you just made my day thank you! I mean I don't think I do nut thanks your the best!!!!!

UPDATE

Honestly my skin is so good! The thing that I think has boosted it though is on day one off the cleanse I started taking 3000mg of vitamin C a day 1 in the morning 1 in the afternoon and one before bed combined with 3000mg of msm with each bit C a day! And lastly turmeric capsuals 5 throughout the day! Yes it's hard only eating smoothies but you know what it's worth it.

I needed to get my body ready for being on a long term paleo diet. And obviously kick start the healing process with the bad breakout I previously had before the apple fast...

You know what I have so much energy and its so exciting waking up each day and running to the bathroom and staring at my skin in different angles and just looking at the way my skin is healing and marks are fading...

I can't wait to update pictures for you all! I'm staying at a friends at the mo and Im typing this on my iPad I wont be home till next week so I'll put my pics up then with my laptop!

I'm so excited to show you guys my update! After the cleanse I have booked for dermarolling sessions! :D

Speak to you next week! Xxx

Edited by Mini Me.

Just the apple fast looks like it's worked wonders! Can't wait to see your final results :)

Would you be willing to post some of your green smoothie recipes? I've been wanting to try some different ones.