Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnbonfire2

Not Touching Your Face - Help

Hey everyone, I have just decided to start washing my face only once a day at night so I don't aggravate my red marks. I have also decided to completely stop touching my face.

So I was just wondering, If you feel the temptation, what do you do? As in, there might be an itch or something, how do you stop yourself from thinking about it? Thanks!

Well, i just think of the consequences of touching my face and weigh it against the need to touch my face at this moment. I just dont touch my face with my fingers, and if i have to, I use the back of my hand to graze my face or whatever.

I struggle with this, too. A few times a day I'll have an itch somewhere on my face (usually around my nose) and I'll get the urge to touch it or scratch it. I've gotten much better at resisting over the past year or so, but it's still hard and sometimes I'll use a bit of my clothing or my knuckles to try to alleviate it.

not true ^. wear a rubber band on your wrist. i'm still struggling, but it helps when you actually snap it.

how is touching your face causes acne can you explain please?

not true ^. wear a rubber band on your wrist. i'm still struggling, but it helps when you actually snap it.

Your hands have oil, dirt, bacteria, etc on them that isn't good to be rubbed onto your face. However, if I remember right, I think you might be the person who thinks you can roll your face around in mud and buckets of lard and it still won't cause acne. So this might be a losing argument since I think you're stubborn on this issue ;)

But, the oil on your hands which can grind/rub into your face from touching it can cause your pores to clog and thus - acne. I know it's true because I always have a zit or two coming and going on my upper right forehead because that's where the back of my hand rests when I sleep at night...

at my old work there used to be people who could rub their hands on their face and they NEVER would get acne. Those people are not acne prone.

I think for people who are acne prone it may cause irritation, i know when i use a wash cloth i breakout every time no matter how gentle or clean it is.

It all depends on the individual as each persons skin is different.

Your hands have oil, dirt, bacteria, etc on them that isn't good to be rubbed onto your face. However, if I remember right, I think you might be the person who thinks you can roll your face around in mud and buckets of lard and it still won't cause acne. So this might be a losing argument since I think you're stubborn on this issue wink.png

But, the oil on your hands which can grind/rub into your face from touching it can cause your pores to clog and thus - acne. I know it's true because I always have a zit or two coming and going on my upper right forehead because that's where the back of my hand rests when I sleep at night...

ok..... first time i read this i think "yeah that make sense"

BUT, its wrong

and heres why

1.how come i always touch my face and im 100% clear? do all homles people have acne? they are not that clean..

2.if your hands are full of bacteria\oil\dirt. then why dont you have acne on your hands???

Edited by arqa22

like they said, the people that touch their face and have no problem are people with no skin issues! people that frequently break out, should not touch their face because it's going to further spread and irritate the problem.

my sister scrubs her hands over her face all the time and has no problems. i on the other hand can just look at my skin the wrong way and it breaks out. everybody's different. obviously you are one of the lucky ones and can touch all you want. don't be such a know it all if you don't know what it's like.

Start juicing and drink ONE glass and only one glass of fresh vegetable juice everyday: carrot, celery, cucumber, 1/4 beet, ginger. Juicing book website have great recipes. If you cannot afford making fresh juice everyday drink wheat grass juice from amazing grass and carrot juice although they are not potent as fresh juice. You will get rid of your acne in no time.

Stop having caffeine, cola, refined sugar, junk food. Plenty of citrus fruits, oatmeal, yoghurt, manuka honey, sage tea, mediation, yoga helps as well.

Your hands have oil, dirt, bacteria, etc on them that isn't good to be rubbed onto your face. However, if I remember right, I think you might be the person who thinks you can roll your face around in mud and buckets of lard and it still won't cause acne. So this might be a losing argument since I think you're stubborn on this issue wink.png

BUT, its wrong

and heres why

1.how come i always touch my face and im 100% clear? do all homles people have acne? they are not that clean..

2.if your hands are full of bacteria\oil\dirt. then why dont you have acne on your hands???

This is just me and all, but if your "100% clear" why are you on Acne.org? And WHY are you being such a butthead know it all about something you don't have a problem with. I know that touching my face breaks me out. So does hair spray if it gets on my skin. But my sister who doesn't have acne can touch her face all she wants and spray hairspray until her skin is drenched if she wanted to and still not break out. It all has to do with if your acne prone or not. And since you apparently are not, then you have no authority to comment on the subject being disscussed.

Oh, and "p.s" the reason you don't have acne on your hands genuis is because there are no hair folicals on there to get clogged. (were you dropped on your head as a child by any chance?)

mmmmmhmmmmm.eusa_whistle.gif

Edited by A damsel in Distress

Touching definitely breaks me out. Sometimes out of stress or whatever, I touch my neck and chest. I will break out. These are not areas that i normally break out, but touching them with my hands several times will do it. Same thing with my shoulders. Definitely because we touch so much with our hands, these are the worst offenders. If you've got to put body lotion or whatever on your body, wash your hands first. Don't be afraid to wash your face with your hands though.

When I get out of the shower in the morning, I use my salcyclic toner. i know i still have Vitamin C, sunscreen & moisturizer to put on. i don't touch any hair products or much else until I get these on. I usually get dressed in between or comb my hair out. Not until after I get all my face products on do I touch the hair products. If you have to, just wash in between but be thoughtful of what's touched your hands. I also usually wash my hands with a tiny bit of my face wash if I'm going to touch my face just so the chemicals from the regular hand soap doesn't get on my face. I keep a bottle in my shower and on my counter for that reason.

BUT, its wrong

and heres why

This is just me and all, but if your "100% clear" why are you on Acne.org? And WHY are you being such a butthead know it all about something you don't have a problem with. I know that touching my face breaks me out. So does hair spray if it gets on my skin. But my sister who doesn't have acne can touch her face all she wants and spray hairspray until her skin is drenched if she wanted to and still not break out. It all has to do with if your acne prone or not. And since you apparently are not, then you have no authority to comment on the subject being disscussed.

Oh, and "p.s" the reason you don't have acne on your hands genuis is because there are no hair folicals on there to get clogged. (were you dropped on your head as a child by any chance?)

so if i touch my legs with my hands i will breakout in my legs? [where there is hair folicals]

why am i still here? to help people get rid of acne, i cured it, with diet and lowering the frequency of ejaculation. not with not touching my face.

touching your face has nothing to do with acne, there is another CAUSE to your acne, not your hands[diet ehm ehm...]

havent you ever asked yourself WHY ACNE IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

evolution is not so "stupid" to design you to have acne from touching your face. what is on the skin of your hands that theres no on your face?

dirt? doesnt cause acne

oil? no hair folicals so no oil -_-

nothing to cause or aggravate acne.

why do you breakout when you touch your face? you dont, even if you dont touch your face you have acne, right? or is it that you dont touch your face for 3 month and your acne free, and then once you touch your face with your hands you suddenly breakout? no you dont.

spray? yes that could cause acne cuz of toxins\irritating chemichals\whatever.

what is unique about "acne prone" people? diffrent skin? some kind of syndrome? what? or is it that when someone have pimples then he suddenly become "acne prone" and touching his face will break him out?

Touching definitely breaks me out. Sometimes out of stress or whatever, I touch my neck and chest. I will break out. These are not areas that i normally break out, but touching them with my hands several times will do it. Same thing with my shoulders. Definitely because we touch so much with our hands, these are the worst offenders. If you've got to put body lotion or whatever on your body, wash your hands first. Don't be afraid to wash your face with your hands though.

When I get out of the shower in the morning, I use my salcyclic toner. i know i still have Vitamin C, sunscreen & moisturizer to put on. i don't touch any hair products or much else until I get these on. I usually get dressed in between or comb my hair out. Not until after I get all my face products on do I touch the hair products. If you have to, just wash in between but be thoughtful of what's touched your hands. I also usually wash my hands with a tiny bit of my face wash if I'm going to touch my face just so the chemicals from the regular hand soap doesn't get on my face. I keep a bottle in my shower and on my counter for that reason.

wash hands to not cause acne? can you explain how dirt causes acne?....

Edited by arqa22

BUT, its wrong

and heres why

so if i touch my legs with my hands i will breakout in my legs? [where there is hair folicals]

why am i still here? to help people get rid of acne, i cured it, with diet and lowering the frequency of ejaculation. not with not touching my face.

touching your face has nothing to do with acne, there is another CAUSE to your acne, not your hands[diet ehm ehm...]

havent you ever asked yourself WHY ACNE IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

evolution is not so "stupid" to design you to have acne from touching your face. what is on the skin of your hands that theres no on your face?

dirt? doesnt cause acne

oil? no hair folicals so no oil -_-

nothing to cause or aggravate acne.

why do you breakout when you touch your face? you dont, even if you dont touch your face you have acne, right? or is it that you dont touch your face for 3 month and your acne free, and then once you touch your face with your hands you suddenly breakout? no you dont.

spray? yes that could cause acne cuz of toxins\irritating chemichals\whatever.

what is unique about "acne prone" people? diffrent skin? some kind of syndrome? what? or is it that when someone have pimples then he suddenly become "acne prone" and touching his face will break him out?

wash hands to not cause acne? can you explain how dirt causes acne?....

First: I did not say that touching your face was the cause of acne. It agrravates it and makes it worse but spreading the bactiria of current acne. I would think someone with your superiour knowledge on acne would know that. (...yea..i went theregrinwink.gif )

Second: Some people do get pimples on their legs (and butt, back, thighs and head...all of which have hair follicals...shifty.gif ). I actualy have gotten a few on my legs before. Legs however do not produce as much oil as your face. If someone bottled the crap they popped out of all their pimpls and smeared it on their legs, they would get pimples there.

Third: I'm begining to have a theory that acne has alot to do with your body purging toxins. And hormonal imbalences. Your kindneys purge toxins and the skin is often called the third kidney. Just a theory. The hormonal part is self explanatary.

So yea. I'v adresses your stupidity, and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some dumb ass reply (you seem to be good at that..)

Hope you break out tonightrolleyes.gif

count me in, i am also a face-toucher. i do the same thing another poster mentioned about using the back of my hand or my shirt collar if i have an itch. i have oily skin and i am definitely prone to acne.

@ A damsel in Distress

I've read this argument, and I just had to comment.

It's clear, that most of the commenters don't agree with arqa22 on this issue, me neither...

BUT! He can have his own opinion! He wasn't rude, offensive, didn't swear...just stated his own opinion, which he has every right to.

I think it's pretty nice from everyone who has already cleared their skin to still share their experiences on this forum to help others. And what works for someone doesn't necessarily work for everybody. The opposite is also true. Maybe most of us break out from touching our faces but I'm sure there are some acne sufferers who don't break out no matter how many times they touch their faces. And they can have their opinions just as everybody else!

What puzzles me is, how can someone on the acne.org forum write something like this: I hope you break out tonight

I'm on this forum from some time now and I've read some heated arguments already, but I just don't understand how can someone on the ACNE.ORG forum wish for someone else to break out. I think it's horrible even more so we all have/had acne here.

No matter how stupid you think he is, you can't say something like this not on this forum not even from joke.

P.S. I deleted the multiquote I hope it's not confusing anymore...

Edited by Belhelmel

Why the heck do people feel they need to quote the last 20 people who commented? It's way too confusing to read. My quote is the last one showing. I did not make the comment, "Hope you break out tonight," yet it almost looks that way because of the multi multi multi multi quoting. Quote who you're speaking to and move on. You don't have to repeat the thread over and over again to make a point. It's a waste of people's time looking through it.

I sit at a computer at work and absentmindedly touch my face quite often, so I keep a box of tissues on my desk and a small pack in my purse. If my face has an 'itch' or something I grab a tissue and use it kind of dab at the area to make it feel better.

The only time I touch my face is after I wash it a night to inspect it. I know how bad it is to touch your face during the day. Really one of the worst things you can do for your skin. Still amazes me to see people at sporting events and high population aka high germ areas resting their hands on their face and have perfect skin. I would never do that in a million years.

Edited by Murph89

I sit at a computer at work and absentmindedly touch my face quite often, so I keep a box of tissues on my desk and a small pack in my purse. If my face has an 'itch' or something I grab a tissue and use it kind of dab at the area to make it feel better.

i used to do this too! :P