Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erika Kidd

Best Acne Mineral Foundation Ever!

Okay, so, I've had acne since I was 11. I've never been able to wear foundation without breaking out horribly. For Christmas this year, my brother bought me Bare Minerals, and I liked the coverage of the mineral foundation, but it still caused me to break out. When I ran out of BM, I decided to go to my favorite product site, etsy.com, and look for one that was cheaper and supported a small business.

I found Ella Rose Minerals Acne Mineral Foundation and Midnight Magic. And I will never, ever EVER go back to anything else. Everything Ella Rose Minerals uses to make their makeup is a 0 on the Comedogencity scale. The Comedogencity scale is from 0-5, 0 being the least likely to clog your pores and 5 being the highest. Combine this with the active ingredient of salicylic acid, and you have one effective acne makeup let me tell you! The coverage is medium to heavy, and it's best to do your first layer, wait ten minutes, and do another to get really good coverage. It doesn't itch, it doesn't feel heavy, and it GETS RID OF ACNE! I was skeptical about the midnight magic, since you're supposed to put it on and sleep in it after you cleanse your skin at night, but I tried it and it seriously shrank a huge pimple on my chin to almost non-existence overnight. I am now almost completely acne free, after about 2 weeks of using this. I still have the acne scarring to deal with, but the foundation does a pretty good job of concealing that.

I wish this product had existed when I was in high school, I feel like life would have felt so much easier! They have great bronzers (which I've ordered) and blushes that are also a 0 on the scale, so you can have a whole non-pore clogging makeup system!

I recommend giving them a try, I know myself I'll never use another makeup product. Their products can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EllaRoseMinerals?ref=seller_info

The only regret I have is not taking a "before" and "after" photo to share with the world.

Oh I guess I do have a few before from a few years ago. Yeeeesh, I guess I should encourage you to go look at them at compare, but holy cow I looked terrible.

post-74195-0-53600800-1337886026_thumb.j

post-74195-0-53600800-1337886026_thumb.j

Guest sugarglide

You look better with lighter hair. And your acne wasn't even bad, like at all! How did you know what color matches your skin? And what does the Midnight Magic consist of?