Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iWANNAbeCLEAR

vinegar time

Use it as you would a toner -- generally after cleansing. Start slowly (very mild concentration) so as not to burn yourself.

I use the vinegar treatment, started off with 2 water 1 vinegar for the first week. Then I increased the concentration of vinegar by 1 water 1 vinegar. This has work really well for me...made about 60% improvment to a majority of my scars. Just splash a bit after cleanser like what tamara said and ull notice difference in scar appearance in a few weeks. If your skin gets too dry or looks flaky it would probably be best to add more water, just my experience.

Iagree the water/vinegar 1/2 to 1/2 is the best advice I have gotten from these boards. It has made a tremendous improvement in my daughters red marks. Just don't use the vinegar too strong , it can make u have a breakout!

Were asking, when is the best time to use the vinegar if we are using Botchla's Regimen, before or after what?

Thanks, AlanJ, but I didn't actually mean that you were confusing. Although, while I'm typing, I will brave a guess and say that your first instincts sounded right to me when you said: wait like 15 - 20 mins. Salad dressings should not be allowed to halt eusa_hand.gif the killing of P. Acnes.

I'm applying ACV before BP, I realise that might be the wrong method? Because after you bathe or cleanse the pores are supposed to be open and primed for BP...and then I apply ACV first! But how do you apply it after BP? Won't it smudge the BP cream and get my face so messy?

When this thread first started by Maya, the girl she noticed had rolling type scarring too. I take it ACV may help those with rolling type scars more than other types.

As for when to apply the ACV, just do B's reg, dry, then wait at least 5min apply the ACV. You can use it twice a day, but watch out for irrataion as well as the smell

I think the ACV works just as well for depressed scars, as it does for rolling scars. In other words, not at all.

When this thread first started by Maya, the girl she noticed had rolling type scarring too.  I take it ACV may help those with rolling type scars more than other types. 

As for when to apply the ACV, just do B's reg, dry, then wait at least 5min apply the ACV.  You can use it twice a day, but watch out for irrataion as well as the smell