Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well let me start by saying that I'm truely the happiest I've been in 2 years due to clear skin, and from the bottom of my heart I wish every single one of you on this forum will get the opportunity to experience freedom from the chains of acne. I know it's a long hard journey but their is light at the end of the tunnel.

I Recently ended my 5 month course of accutane, broke out until about a week after I stopped taking it, I was starting to loose all hope for the drug. But miraculously I'm 100% CLEAR! All thats left is some nasty PIH and uneven skintone, but that's nothing compared to a bunch of inflamed pimples, so as of now I'm ecstatic. I can finally look in the mirror with confidence.

Im 19 so like any normal teenager I like to go out and party with my friends, when I had acne I woudnt let it restrict me from going to parties or hanging out with friends but I was definitely one of the super shy dudes, now when I go out I'm the life of the party. I can talk to anyone and walk around with the biggest smile on my face. A few of my good friends that were girls while I had acne have been telling me that there's something different about me now, (not my acne but my attitude) I feel on top of the world right now and don't ever want ths feeling to change.

I'm not really sure why I'm telling y'all all of this, I guess I just need to type my feelings out. But the Thought of my acne coming back is truely scaring me. It's been on my mind all night and can't sleep at all. I have general anxiety as it is, and this is stressing me out.. Acne is like a never ending loop, now that it's gone and I shouldn't have a worry on my mind, I'm now worried about the possibility of it coming back. Acne has now scarred me for life and I'm not sure how to cope with this.

Well I guess that's about it, I'm sorry if I sound conceded or something cause I dont even have acne anymore. And I'm here whining about my problems while others are truely suffering.

I love all of y'all! The beautifull people on this website have helped me very much on my journey to clear skin. I thank you and applaud you.

First of all, I like your positivity! Even with PIH you are already ecstatic, not sure how bad it really is but nevertheless that sounds great!

I understand why you would be scared so all you have to do is a lot of the things you have probably already learned eg. healthy diet, skin care etc. Nothing is certain but if you are clear right now then you must be doing everything right so keep it up :D

A lot of people stop getting acne for good after age 25+. My relatives, all stopped getting acne at 25-28. I am 25, but still dealing with it. It got worse actually. I think it is 'cause of cleanse or something. All the toxins are coming out which i might be clear soon hopefully and not break out anymore oompf.gif I do have like 6-7 active spots, but I am still going to the gym today. Yesterday I didn't go 'cause of this new breakouts, but people don't care and I don't talk to anyone at the gym anyways. I just exercise. No matter what happens, I am not gonna go back to BP. I stopped applying it like 2 months ago and it did worked on my skin, I was 98% clear. No redness, etc.. While being off BP, my skin was fine.. then broke out a lot after a month with no BP.

Edited by EddieE

John- ya I really try to be positive about it, I believe the mind is a powerful tool in healing any disease.

Eddie- Ive read Alot of your posts, acne has to be cured from the inside out. A diet like yours is the way to go. If I could do what your doing I would in a heartbeat. I also notice a purge when I do start eating super healthy. Soon enough you will be clear man.

Thanks for yalls replies, means Alot

I know exactly how you feel man. After breaking out badly again the last few months of 2011 I have managed to get my severe cystic acne under control for the past 5 months. In this period I also met a girl who is now my girlfriend, and I definately worry about my acne returning and ruining this relationship for me

I know exactly how you feel man. After breaking out badly again the last few months of 2011 I have managed to get my severe cystic acne under control for the past 5 months. In this period I also met a girl who is now my girlfriend, and I definately worry about my acne returning and ruining this relationship for me

That's great to hear man, I hope it remains under control. But if it does come back that will truly put your relationship to the ultimate test. Cheers to acne free days

I know most of acne sufferers like us have the fear of it coming back once you managed to clear it but its all in the mind guys.. You need to get rid of the fear and not think about it and then your acne will not come back, I know its easier than done but theres really no point stressing about it and wondering if it would come back or not. The mind is a powerful tool, always be positive! :)

I know most of acne sufferers like us have the fear of it coming back once you managed to clear it but its all in the mind guys.. You need to get rid of the fear and not think about it and then your acne will not come back, I know its easier than done but theres really no point stressing about it and wondering if it would come back or not. The mind is a powerful tool, always be positive! :)

I 100% agree. The mind is so powerfull it's unbelievable the things we can accomplish with our mind. I'm trying not to stress it's just hard. I just can't imagine the joy that I feel going away :/

Hey bud,

Just be happy with the clear skin you got now and live your life the the fullest. I know it's easier said than done because I too have GAD, but you got to stay strong. Can't take accutane b/c of bad sife affect.

Soysauce how disciplined are you willing to be? Because that is what makes the difference between people who permanently cure their acne and people who allow it to come back. Discipline to eat the way humans were supposed to eat; whole organic foods and mostly raw foods, eliminating most dairy (exceptions being kefir and yogurt), eliminating gluten, and the list goes on and on. Alternativista has posted a great pinned thread in the nutrition section that is worth checking out. It really goes into detail, and i can't say it better than she does.

But once armed with the knowledge of how you can conquer acne from the inside, how disciplined can you make yourself? Because that is the difference maker. I don't allow any exceptions. And it is no longer difficult for me. I enjoy saying no to crap food and drink, because it makes me stronger mentally. Not to mention physically. Each time you say no in favor of your health, it will provide you with the confidence, reassurance, and determination you need. Eating raw (free range) eggs is no longer a thought that makes me wanna puke. I crave them now, and enjoy them. Same goes for leafy greens and vegetables.

It's not easy to make yourself do this, but it is incredibly rewarding. Don't allow your acne to come back. Arm yourself with the proper diet, and arm yourself with discipline