Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know everyone talks about having dry skin on here, BUT...my face is flaking off...

I was just wondering if it is normal for my skin to be THIS dry when i follow all the steps. I use ALOT of moisturizer!

I also am not using very much BP gel b/c I don't want my face to be this dry, and my skin really isn't getting that much clearer.

Basically, I was just as broken out before and I didn't have flaking skin...

should I exfoliate? with a face wash/scrub?

also, am I still getting zits b/c at night I think I might be touching my face and having too much interaction with the pillow...but I can't control that, I'm asleep :)

I should probably just persevere with the regimen right?

thanks

Guest Captain Chaos

How long have you been on the regimen?

Where on your face are you flaking off? Some parts are usually more sensitive than others, try applying less in the areas that seem to go flakey..

But yes, persevere!

so I"ve been one the regimen for 3 weeks now..I think...

I"m flaky on my chin/mouth region, on my jaw/cheek, and the hairline that is right beside my eye brows...

so....yeah...and I don't feel like i'm using enough b/c I"m barely using any BP stuff...

thanks though for your comment!!

i was pretty flaky too during my beginning weeks on the regimen...i started with the neutrogena moisturizer and now use the eucerin moisturizer...but the flakiness will go away

If you have only been on the regimen for 3 weeks don't stress. You really need to wait 8 weeks before it is under control. My skin is really flaky I wake up and the areas that I have applied bp to are just completley flaked out. Stick with it as I am finding over time the flakiness is calming down.

one thing that i learned not too long ago was that what may look like flaking skin might actually be dry BP gel.

when you apply BP on your face, not all of it absorbs in your skin, and a solid flaky residue is left behind. Initially, i thought this was actual skin, and i was astonished and afraid that my face was peeling completely off. But after i while i noticed that this only came from places i applied the bp gel on, and i found that i could easily just rub it off when i wash my face. This solid layer of dry gel is the reason why your face feels tight when you smile.

don't confuse flaking skin with this dry BP residue. you can try rubbing some of it off when you wash your face.

one thing that i learned not too long ago was that what may look like flaking skin might actually be dry BP gel.

when you apply BP on your face, not all of it absorbs in your skin, and a solid flaky residue is left behind.  Initially, i thought this was actual skin, and i was astonished and afraid that my face was peeling completely off.  But after i while i noticed that this only came from places i applied the bp gel on, and i found that i could easily just rub it off when i wash my face.  This solid layer of dry gel is the reason why your face feels tight when you smile.

don't confuse flaking skin with this dry BP residue.  you can try rubbing some of it off when you wash your face.

when you apply BP on your face, not all of it absorbs in your skin, and a solid flaky residue is left behind.  Initially, i thought this was actual skin, and i was astonished and afraid that my face was peeling completely off.  But after i while i noticed that this only came from places i applied the bp gel on, and i found that i could easily just rub it off when i wash my face.  This solid layer of dry gel is the reason why your face feels tight when you smile.

don't confuse flaking skin with this dry BP residue.  you can try rubbing some of it off when you wash your face.

personally I would try to just wait it out-when I was first on the regimen I exfoliated because I was tired of the flakiness, but then when I tried to use the BP gel again my face became much more flaky and red and it REALLY burned. That is just my experience, your skin may not be like mine:)