Notifications
Clear all

Subcision And Laviv

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 05/23/2012 9:42 pm

Hi everyone. I've set up an appt. to get subcision and laviv done. I have rolling (and i think boxcar) scars on my cheeks i'd like to improve. I'm going to a guy who did some clinical studies with subcision and laviv, so I'm hoping he's familiar with the process. I have a few questions for anyone who has experience in this area.

1. How long will I be bruised up? I hear anywhere from 1 week to a month. After a week or so, is the brusing at least not too noticeable?

2. I've read on here about people getting subcutaneous nodules. Is this common? If I get them do they go away, and are they very visible or more underneath the skin?

3. Has anyone used laviv/isalogen with success? It's pretty expensive, wonder if subcision by itself might be a better way to start?

4. Anyone had good results from subcision? I've read some posts on here where people were satisfied with the results, it's always encouraging to hear those stories.

Thanks All, keep on fighting the good fight!

MemberMember
(@borec)

Posted : 05/24/2012 2:17 am

Im very interested to hear your outcome. Good luck

MemberMember
(@nightlilly89)

Posted : 05/24/2012 7:03 am

Hi everyone. I've set up an appt. to get subcision and laviv done. I have rolling (and i think boxcar) scars on my cheeks i'd like to improve. I'm going to a guy who did some clinical studies with subcision and laviv, so I'm hoping he's familiar with the process. I have a few questions for anyone who has experience in this area.

1. How long will I be bruised up? I hear anywhere from 1 week to a month. After a week or so, is the brusing at least not too noticeable?

2. I've read on here about people getting subcutaneous nodules. Is this common? If I get them do they go away, and are they very visible or more underneath the skin?

3. Has anyone used laviv/isalogen with success? It's pretty expensive, wonder if subcision by itself might be a better way to start?

4. Anyone had good results from subcision? I've read some posts on here where people were satisfied with the results, it's always encouraging to hear those stories.

I was worried about complications from subcision before I tried it but it turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought and I've never has a problem. I think in order to prepare you should get a few subcisions first, or at least do it during the same time. The procedure it fairly new since it's been approved so I don't think there are enough people to really comment about it.

MemberMember
(@scarsarecool)

Posted : 05/24/2012 9:57 am

@Nightlilly89

I am in the middle of getting the same thing done now. How are yours spaced apart? Are you doing subcision and Laviv in a same appointment, or are you doing subcision and Laviv injections a few weeks before & after a subcision? I have had good results from subcision on it's own, but it took 4 rounds and they are all still there but just much better. I was worried about complications from subcision before I tried it but it turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought and I've never has a problem. I was bruised for about a week to 10 days. I think in order to prepare for Laviv you should get a few subcisions first, or at least do it during the same time. The procedure it fairly new since it's been approved so I don't think there are enough people to really comment about it. I'm in the middle of treatment so I can't really say either but I will say after 1 injection there is definetly some kind of change. It looks healthier and a bit more plump in some areas, and I still have a ways to go to see results so if it is positive months from now I will let others know.

MemberMember
(@dextranlady)

Posted : 05/17/2013 10:43 pm

doctor said subcision may completely put the scar at same skin level, but I don't know sounds like utopy.

MemberMember
(@leo7)

Posted : 06/09/2014 10:36 pm

Can I ask how both of ur treatments turned out I am really interested in subcision and laviv and would appreciate any help.