Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To quote someone from a few years ago:

I feel like a prisoner in my life. I can't move on but I can't get out as well sad.gif I always hope just to wake up from this nightmare but it doesn't.

I am SICK to death of this hell, why WONT IT EVER END? I am 22 for christs sake, 5 years now and its as bad as ever. I am losing friends, I am wasting my life, I am completely trapped inside myself. No girlfriend, no prospects, HATE looking at myself. I have tried everything, antibiotics, topicals, diets, vitamins EVERYTHING. Seriously beginning to wonder what the point in living the whole of my life is if it is going to be plagued with this. My once strong self confidence is zero, I cant speak to new people, I cant speak to anyone. I am negative about everything in my life.

PLEASE PLEASE GO AWAY

I've been a long time reader of this site but have never posted, I joined to tell you I know how you feel. I'm 27 and have been dealing with acne for 9 years. I've tried everything and have even been on Accutane twice, it seems pointless to go on it again knowing that my face will just go back to normal eventually. I have no job, no friends, and no boyfriend. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. The only reason I keep going is for my family, I know they would be destroyed if anything ever happened to me. Just remember you're not alone, I know it's hard but keep trying because you never know when things might turn around. Someone might even invent a treatment that works, wishful thinking I know, but we all have to stay strong and be brave because you really just NEVER know. Anything is possible.

Hey youre not alone, im 22. Im grounded from work for almost 2 weeks now because of my huge cystic breakout. Its horrible, makes me wanna resign. I should be free from pimples with the line of work i am with. One or two zits are fine. Anyways,. I dont even go out with my friends, and i dont even wanna go out to see my bf. tomorrow im gonna try head and shoulders on my face and see if it will work. :) just finished reading messageboard about other members here using head and shoulders shampoo as a treatment for their acne. :) God bless us all and i hope everything would be fine :)

I know exactly how you feel. I'm at the same point where I don't go out with friends and I avoid meeting them in 'by chance' encounters at all costs. My cheeks are swollen from my cysts and I have tried everything available via prescription (topicals, antibiotics, birth control, accutane, acupuncture) and nothing has delivered me a moderately long-term resolve. I'm doing some facials and acne therapy right now because I have nothing left. It's expensive and I know I can't keep it up for a long time. I'm also going entirely gluten-free and dairy-free for a month to see how it helps.

I have interviews upcoming and am desperate to be able to have my full confidence. I know it does nothing to hear "i know how you feel" but I think that is the only thing we can offer via the internet. Post your diet and other stuff you may have tried so we can try and share our experiences to help you.

Start juicing and drink ONE glass and only one glass of fresh vegetable juice everyday: carrot, celery, cucumber, 1/4 beet, ginger. Juicing book website have great recipes. If you cannot afford making fresh juice everyday drink wheat grass juice from amazing grass and carrot juice although they are not potent as fresh juice. You will get rid of your acne in no time after 2 weeks of juicing.

Stop having caffeine, cola, refined sugar, junk food. Plenty of citrus fruits, oatmeal, yoghurt, manuka honey, sage tea, mediation, yoga helps as well.

I can't even meet my family.. I haven't seen my aunt in so long 'cause of acne.. the last time they saw, I had clear skin.. they live like only 10 min away from me.

So I can't visit anyone :(

I know exactly how you feel. I'm at the same point where I don't go out with friends and I avoid meeting them in 'by chance' encounters at all costs. My cheeks are swollen from my cysts and I have tried everything available via prescription (topicals, antibiotics, birth control, accutane, acupuncture) and nothing has delivered me a moderately long-term resolve. I'm doing some facials and acne therapy right now because I have nothing left. It's expensive and I know I can't keep it up for a long time. I'm also going entirely gluten-free and dairy-free for a month to see how it helps.

I have interviews upcoming and am desperate to be able to have my full confidence. I know it does nothing to hear "i know how you feel" but I think that is the only thing we can offer via the internet. Post your diet and other stuff you may have tried so we can try and share our experiences to help you.

I used to not breakout on cheeks at all which was great ... 'cause acne on scars leave scars :( I broke out a lot around mouth and don't have scars.. but on cheeks I do since I am breaking out with deep pimples that hurts.