Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest >:(

I don't understand the extent of the emotions about acne in this forum.

I was born in Bosnia in 1986. As you may remember Bosnia was in a state of anarchy for four years. The Bosnian Serbs, wanted an area of Bosnia called "Greater Bosnia" and started a guerilla war against the Bosniaks and Croats. I was five when it started. Sarajevo, my home city was destroyed. Both my parents were killed in front of me. I was beaten and left for dead. For a week and four days I crawled through the burning city with a shattered cheekbone and bruised ribs. Finally I made it to a Muslim camp, and they took me in, applied the best medical attention they could give, and adopted me as one of their own.

We fled to Croatia, and finally moved to America in 1994. In 1996 my adopted mother was killed in a mugging. My adoptive father was so distraught that he had to be institutionalized to keep from suicide. I had the full run of the American foster *care* system. By working hard in school, and taking a part-time job during high school, I was able to attend college.

I broke out.

Life has a way of kicking you when your up. That said, I have never felt bad about acne. It is just another phase in this thing called life. My acne isn't very bad, granted, but I think about the pains you people feel, and the pain I've felt, and it doesn't seem like you have it very badly. At least you're alive.

I'm sorry to hear about what you had gone thru, but just because I live in a country thats not war-torn does not render my feelings unimportant. What I'm going thru is my own pain, and nothing can make it seem insignificant.

I hope things are going good for you now smile.gif You seem like such a strong person

thats a hardocre case of "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger..."

agreed. your right buddy...its never as bad as we make it out to be.

I'm sorry to hear about what you had gone thru, but just because I live in a country thats not war-torn does not render my feelings unimportant.  What I'm going thru is my own pain, and nothing can make it seem insignificant. 

I hope things are going good for you now smile.gif  You seem like such a strong person

Dont make stupid generalisations.  Big deal you lived in Bosnia and crawled through a burning city, people die every day ... get over yourself.

Lazy Western complacents who have never experienced the privilege of having a loved one's blood splatter on their face nor the intensity of a human time bomb as time tick tocks when horror in all it's soul-stealing magnificance blows up consciousness into a million tiny little pieces will never realize the value of life.

No way am I going to get sucked into an argument because I've already promised Dan I would be a good little Samaritan but you have totally missed the point of what he is implying. Karl and I don't want any sympathy.

What we want is for this thread to be an inspiration for those that care to read it and the best ways of realizing this is by understanding that even while life is an experiment, and that the more experiments you make the better, submitting to suicide is an experiment which is futile when we have the chance to succumb to such a rich un-opened casket.

user posted image

Beside the road it lay!

A carpet of brightness

Sunshine fallen to the ground

Close for all to see!

Despite what has already transpired here, I'm still positive that we can make a better contribution to this thread for those that seek to be amazed by the smallest things; for some people are amazed by miracles; the mediocre by wordly talk.

However, the thinking individual is he who finds amazement in even the most inferior things; that is where I want to be.

your comments and insights are valid, but to assume we as westerners don't know real pain is ridiculous. so we don't live in a war torn country. big fu**en deal. have you ever tried to perform cpr on your 16 year old cousin who just got hit by an suv? not all grief is played out in third world countries. death happens here everyday. some of us have experienced our loved ones blood splattering on us, some of us have watched a loved one take his last breath. there are lots of deadly diseases and other causes of death in America and wherever else you all may be. we all experience life differently.

agreed in America we can be superficial and shallow. but in spite of that we do know real pain.

other countries also have their superficial folks too, not just America.

elsa your right. i guess i get a little defensive on issues like that. it's not like you and i asked to be born and raised where we are. so sue me for being an american.

i understand that life must be very difficult though. builds character thats for sure. all struggles do. remind us what's important in life.

well god damn. god damn me and my lack of appreciation for all the simple things that create life because i live in america. i didn't realize i had to be running from bombs and dodging bullets in order to see the true joy in life. i'm sorry that i never understood that only in death and poverty can one fully experience life.

how arrogant of me.

i almost initially agreed and understood the original poster's message when he made the point that in times of grief and struggle will we finally be able to put things into perspective and enjoy the purity and trueness of life. but as soon as specifics became involved and i could not find myself falling under the categories detailed by him and/or Aysia, i had to disagree.

you can find true pleasure in life without being subject to the ultimate Hell. perhaps many times that is untrue, but I know personally that i have become enlightened, and I know many others have too, by the simple pleasures and experiences life deals everyday that in many cases slip under the radar. the entire transcendentalist philosophy bases itself on exactly what has been said in this thread, but Emerson nor Thoreau nor any other who bases life by the beauty of, sorry to be general, but, everything were ever subject to falling mortars and gunshots and explosions.

And maybe his original intent was to parallel his thoughts with those in thisforum who bitch about acne being the catalyst to their angst against the whole world, and if that's the case, maybe i'm acting too boldly and I agree, most of the kids in this forum have no idea what they are bitching about. But once the generalization that Westerners and Americans as a whole do not understand the pureness of life, that involved me, and that's why I got involved.

This wasn't addressed to people who are centered, intellegent, and happy with themselves. This is addressed to people like "dragon" who want to splatter his brains all over the mirror because he has acne. I understand most of you are here to treat a minor problem, and move on, but there are some of you who are so insane that you'd discuss ending your life because you have a problem that's hard to deal with.

I wasn't saying that Americans didn't know pain. I'm saying that you blow up over something as tiny as skin. The difference between the third world and here is, in the third world shallow people die, and scared ones survive. Here you see horror so rarely that you "make mountains out of molehills."

So I'll go back to being an inept, asinine, complacent cocksucker here.

Good day.

OH AMN 2DAY AT SKOOL I GOT MADE FUN OF BY SOME SENIORS SO I WENT INTO THE BATHROOM AND DIDNT DO MY SKOOL WORK AND NOW IM FAILING!! STUPID ACNE WHEN MY PARNETS SEE MY REPORT CARD ILL GET GROUNDED!

NEWAY WUTZ UP WITH U??? eusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gif

BTW I SLIT MY WRIST AND THE BLEEDING WONT STOP IM GETTING DIZY!! PLZ HELP!! evil.gif