Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clairebear6292

Anyone Heard Of Baby Powder To Combat Excess Oil For Long Days?

Recently I heard about this. I was wondering if anyone's tried it and if it works or not. I am going to school to be a nurse and will be working long shifts, up to 12 hours... My skin is mostly clear, although it tends to get extremely oily throughout the day. My usual routine is wash face when I get up around 9:00 then again again around 5 when I shower and at 6 I put on my tretinoin cream. Then don't wash again until morning. Help is much appreciated :)

Maybe the oil absorbing sheets by clean an clear would work better.Baby powder makes your face dry an powdery and makes it white.I have used it before in place of my regular powder it helps with oil but it wasnt worth dry powdery look for me anyway.If you want to try it go ahead no harm can be done.

Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it when I was in college and it destroyed my face and my college years. I ended up having rash/eczema looking acne. Terrible experience of my life.

Best thing is just to use a fragrance free face wipe to clear away excess oil. Do not experiment with products , I learnt the hard way...

I think I am going to go with some loose powder from Maybelline. Its called Maybelline New York Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder, Light 210. Or perhaps something by Physcian's formula. What do you all think about this?

I have never heard of this for controlling oil (except for in hair as a dry shampoo - which doesn't work to well for me anyway) but I don't think it would be a good idea to use for the face. Most baby powders have fragrance and other things that irritate acne as far as I know.

All I can suggest is make sure you use an oil free moisturiser and try out the oil blotting sheets.

I've never tried the makeup powders that you are thinking about but using a powder can help reduce the shine. Just make sure you research the ingredients and make sure it won't clog pores etc

Im using Maybelline New York Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder right now then i use the maybeline finishing veil powder over the shine free powder and use oil absorbing sheets as needed but ive been kinda dry from bp.

Use rice paper(brown) blotters. I read they are better than the latex (clean and clear blue sheets) ones.