Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leelowe1

Need A Good Cleansing Regimen

Hello all! I am looking for advice on how to cleanse my skin on the outside (actively working on things for the inside). I am currently on topicals (see my sig) but after experiencing painful acne in abundance recently, i am considering chucking everything and leaving my face for a while to see what happens. I have done water alone and for me, my acne just got worse and worse. Can someone please provide me with suggestions for a basic regimen.

I have:

oily skin (dry currently because of medications)

a lot of active, red, inflamed pimples

a few flesh colored bumps

much redness

Thank you so much for your time

google "oil cleansing method" It is SO awesome! And if you have oily skin it will do good for you because for some people with very dry skin the method can dry them out more. (yes, oil can dry out your skin, strange as it seems)

I use grapeseed and castor oils with a drop of lavender oil.

The OCM has broken me out so bad in the past so i won't be trying that again.....sigh. Thanks for the suggestion though. Anyone else?

please see my pm

Thanks Bobbi, just read it. Kinda scared to take that leap of face but think i will once i am off in the summer. Is there anything else that you think i could do internally to help? Feel at the end of my rope.

internally, you need to do a detox, and get all the toxins out of your body, you need to alkalize your system, that means no meat...

I use suki facial soap bar. Check it out at www.sukiskincare.com. I buy it at the local health food store.

When I had acne(a few months ago, before I cured myself of it - read my post from today), I used diluted tea tree oil to wipe all over my face after washing, and then spot treated the pimples with undiluted tea tree oil. If you have oily skin, tea tree oil will help. It's anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial. Only use the undiluted to spot treat because it does dry out skin.

Do this morning and night. Spot treat throughout the day if the pimples are the really big and red kind.

philcl

The OCM has broken me out so bad in the past so i won't be trying that again.....sigh. Thanks for the suggestion though. Anyone else?

Were you using other topicals at all *for any period of time* prior to trying out this method? I experienced quite a bit of breakouts when going off topicals like benzoyl peroxide. I was on BP for almost ten years. I've been off it a while now but I feel my skin is still healing. It gets better every day without those harsh chemicals.

Also, what oils were you using? The wrong oils can break people out.

I definitely understand why you wouldn't want to try it again if it broke you out badly. Just wondering what might have gone wrong.

Were you using other topicals at all *for any period of time* prior to trying out this method? I experienced quite a bit of breakouts when going off topicals like benzoyl peroxide. I was on BP for almost ten years. I've been off it a while now but I feel my skin is still healing. It gets better every day without those harsh chemicals.

Also, what oils were you using? The wrong oils can break people out.

I definitely understand why you wouldn't want to try it again if it broke you out badly. Just wondering what might have gone wrong.

No topicals whatsoever and i hadnt used them in years. I don't recall the oils or ratio, all i remember is that my face was a mess.