Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Peels and blackheads ?

Well i was blackhead free and then i did a Salycilic acid peel and i got blackheads all over, is there any way of treating blackheads other than peels?

Also i plan to do a TCA complex peel soon, do you think i'd have any trouble because of the blackheads??

Hi, I never heard of anyone getting blackheads because of a Salycilic acid peel. What else have you been putting on your skin lately?

Really? While I have never done a Salicylic Acid peel, I have personally found that Salicylic Acid reduces the amount of blackheads. It's possible that you had a reaction to the Salicylic Acid. I suppose it's possible that your skin is "purging" - I just can't say because I haven't done this type of peel.

I have read that some people breakout after using TCA Complex.

I've been just using Copper Peptides and washing with my regular SA wash, i don't know if it was because the pores opened up or whatnot.

I'm thinking of getting some of the blackhead strips to see if that helps.

I have broken out from using Copper Peptide Serum. I wouldn't think you would react badly to SA peels if you use SA wash. This is baffling. hmmm.

Well i was blackhead free and then i did a Salycilic acid peel and i got blackheads all over, is there any way of treating blackheads other than peels?

Also i plan to do a TCA complex peel soon, do you think i'd have any trouble because of the blackheads??

that's the thing i've always washed with SA and never had blackheads before, i haven't changed my water intake or anything, well i guess i'll just get some blackhead oriented products at walgreens smile.gif