Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiviBM

Make Up Whilst On Accutane? Recommendations Please :d

Was jw if any of you fellow accutane users knew what make up is best? Im talking mostly foundation wise? Please please let me know! I'm wearing estee Lauder double wear at the moment but it's too thick and dry! Need help :)

Livi xxx

Hey there! :)

What sucks about makeup + accutane, is due to my dry skin now, no matter what kind of makeup I wear, it seems flaky and it looks like I'm shedding [haha, sucks :( ]

However, I've been using COVER FX, best kind out there, at least for me. I use their powder and brush it with a makeup brush . I've been using less and less! :)

maybe try that brand? or anything with a mineral base; that's for sure.

Estee Lauder is the shit ;D But... you're right. Not good while on Accutane. My supply is waiting patiently in my cabinet.

Right now I use Clinique's Moisture Surge and Maybelline Fit Me foundation. The Clinique Moisture Surge is AMAZING. Lasts well and no flakes. But... It does have a shiney finish so I personally use a powder to set although people on here will go against powder because it can be drying. I haven't had a problem yet.

The Maybelline Fit Me is a good second best and is cheaper. I use that now because I'm too fair for my Clinique and the Maybelline has a fair, neutral shade. The Maybelline is very watery though. You have to let it dry for a bit on your face (or use a fan like I do) before adding a second layer. And, definitely set with powder or this one too will be shiney.

Before either of these, you MUST let your moisturizer completely absorb before applying foundation or that contributes to shine.