Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babiscorpio11

too embarrased

Yeah that's a tough situation. I generally avoid sleep-overs for this reason(and the fact that I'd miss my satin sheets).. there are some things that people just dont need to see. My mom and my best friend are the only people who see me without my makeup on.. and I only let my best friend see when the lighting is dim and Im not broken out too badly. Red marks are a pain in the ass. Yeah I guess I wasnt much help lol.

I don't like people seeing me without my makeup on either. Makes me feel very self-conscious. My boyfriend and my family are the only ones who see me "au naturale," but you know, when I think of it, even if I did have almost perfect skin or (gasp!) flawless skin, I'd probably *still* refuse to go out without makeup on! I'm just one of those people who doesn't feel completely ready or dressed up without throwing some makeup on, I guess. So I know how you feel.

When I was breaking out really bad and was sensitive about how my bare skin looked, and there was an occasional situation where I had to be around people early in the morning or was sleeping over somewhere, what I'd usually do is wash off my makeup later at night, when everyone else was asleep, and get up before everyone to start getting ready and have my makeup already on. Now, if you want to cover up your face at night (but I don't advise wearing your makeup all night...only people on TV sleep in their makeup and look perfect 24 hours a day--wearing your makeup while you sleep is a big no-no smile.gif, maybe you could wear an oil-absorbing mask that's white and opaque, like a clay mask with sulphur in it, and most masks like that will help draw out any oil you may have or kill any few zits you have and cover up the red/brown spots, or you could try another type of mask that's meant to condition and tone your skin but has a funky color, like pale green or pink, and if anyone sees you in it, just say you need help with your beauty sleep. If that sounds good to you, try to pick out a mask that's thick and almost like a paste. You don't want it sliding off in the night. But try to pick something that will serve the purpose of covering you up *and* doing something good for your skin while you have it on.

But actually, if you were to get up before everyone and start getting ready, you'd probably be all made up before anyone noticed. And believe me, girls can be real bitches sometimes, but if they're worth knowing, they know that no one is perfect and we all have things we'd rather hide.

Meanwhile, I think your red/brown spots might need a little more time before they fade away, but to help things along, try wearing a sunscreen of SPF 25 or more under your makeup during the day. Choose something without oil or a ton of ingredients. Sun exposure makes spots worse. If the spots don't start to fade within the next 6 months or so, you may want to check out bleaching lotions with hydraquinone or a very light chemical peel that will help with the turnover of cells in your skin. But that's a way off, so just keep up your current regimen and try to avoid baking in the sun. smile.gif

Good luck!

~Kat

i'll bet that you think your skin looks way worse than it actually is. i also pretty much only have redmarks left after being on the regimen for 4 months. i had some friends staying with me a few weeks ago and i was freaking out a little after i got out of the shower because i knew that the'd see me w/no make up on...they didn't even notice. i know because i'm really sensitive to people looking at my spots and they definately weren't.

seriously, i bet if you pretty much only have redmarks left, people won't even notice...everyone has insecurities and no one is going to want to point out your imperfections for fear of somebody pointing theirs out...

eusa_dance.gif Put some skin lightner on the red spots to help avoid hyperpigmentation

i'll bet that you think your skin looks way worse than it actually is.  i also pretty much only have redmarks left after being on the regimen for 4 months.  i had some friends staying with me a few weeks ago and i was freaking out a little after i got out of the shower because i knew that the'd see me w/no make up on...they didn't even notice.  i know because i'm really sensitive to people looking at my spots and they definately weren't. 

seriously, i bet if you pretty much only have redmarks left, people won't even notice...everyone has insecurities and no one is going to want to point out your imperfections for fear of somebody pointing theirs out...

If the red marks aren't flaky anymore, you could just use a spot concealer on them with out wearing any foundation. It might not make them disappear, but it could make them look a lot lighter. (First use a q-tip to blend the concealer, then use your finger to blend after it's almost dry. This will help the concealer stay on the red spot and not only on the skin around it.) I've used this method with spot concealer on red marks w/o applying foundation to my face and gone out in the daylight, and it's always made a big difference as long as the skin underneath wasn't flaky or scabbed.