Help. Damages Cause...

Notifications
Clear all

Help. Damages Cause By Dexeryl / Cetaphil Creams

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/18/2012 9:58 am

Hi everyone.....

I must be cursed. I had achieved good skin through not washing with soap anymore. But i noticed lots of dead skin and debris on my face. Rather than wait it out, i went out and bought Cetaphil moisturizer.. 2 days after, few whiteheads (don't mind those) and a big irritated inflammed pimple right under my eye.

I thought the cream was too greasy maybe.. So I went out and bought dexeryl instead.

What a mistake....... Lots of whiteheads, small but still.... A lot of them ... And 2 more irritated pimples looking like cysts (without the pain).

Why oh why........

How long do you think the damages will last?

Won't put any more creams....

My skin is really tough. Mid 30s, been battling acne for 17 years... Tried everything... New diet, all types of meds (Accutane never did the trick for me)... Just don't know why I went out to put these creams though my skin was getting flawless.....

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/19/2012 12:48 am

honestly i have just looked at the mirror..... 14 whiteheads just sitting there and 2 red and inlammed pimple waiting to come to a head. One of them very nasty and with a large white flat center which I feel will become a big head full of gunk, and around a very reddish/purple zone of inflammation. Why did I even use those creams?????

I was thinking a dry sauna to remove the whiteheads. Anyone thinks it could help? I am worried it could make me breakout even more though...........

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/19/2012 1:48 am

A dermatologist once told me to avoid saunas and steam rooms unless it's just for a few minutes because the extreme heat can worsen flushing and inflammation. I would say go back to your routine. Maybe just use cold water to wash your face, perhaps using a soft washcloth to remove the debris you were talking about.

Whenever I would get terrible breakouts, I would sometimes apply a paste of the Aztec clay mask: http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Clay/dp/B0014P8L9W

It gently draws out all of the impurities and then you can safely drain them. It is very intense, though, so don't use it too often. Have you ever used it before?

Why did isotretinoin never work for you? Just curious cause I just started...

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/19/2012 3:23 am

Thanks for the tip about saunas. I guess I might go back to my routine. Just cold water and rubbing some ice after to calm down inflammations. Seemed to have worked well. Just wish those whiteheads to be gone by monday. They are very much white and quite big.

Accutane did not work for me, maybe because I did not get the proper medical advices back then (14 years ago). I was on Accutane but still washing my face with a regular soap bar, and the hydrating cream given to me was too light to do the job.

How is it working for you?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/20/2012 2:38 pm

still battling.. some of the white headed and inflammed pustules are still here. Some of them are gone. A couple more are appearing. Just hope will be away within a week or so.

MemberMember
(@melissa6980)

Posted : 05/28/2012 6:24 pm

I think you will clear up soon and then this will be all behind you. I'm really tough on myself too, but, how are we supposed to know what works and doesn't work until we've tried it. Just go back to what was working and know that this flare up will very likely be over soon.

MemberMember
(@pierre-fabre)

Posted : 05/29/2012 9:49 am

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by our Dexeryl emollient cream.

We usually recommend its used on skin that is dry to very dry such as eczema-prone skin.

You may wish to seek advice from your pharmacist for a treatment more suited to your skin type.

Kind regards,

Pierre Fabre Dermatologie Medical Information

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/14/2014 8:04 am

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by our Dexeryl emollient cream.

We usually recommend its used on skin that is dry to very dry such as eczema-prone skin.

You may wish to seek advice from your pharmacist for a treatment more suited to your skin type.

Kind regards,

Pierre Fabre Dermatologie Medical Information

thanks

MemberMember
(@yuvi321)

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:24 am

Use cetaphil Os face wash , clears many of your problems !