Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jarlo

Look At My Eyes, Not My Skin.

I'm sure a lot of people here have experienced this... you know when you're talking to someone, and you can see their eyes drift up to your forehead or somewhere else you have acne?mad.gif

One of my "friends" does this all the time. We've known each other for so long that I have no idea why she still needs to stare at my zits while I'm trying to have a conversation with her. You know they're there, please don't pay attention to them instead of what I'm saying.

x_x

Edited by jarlo

The most frustrating thing about having acne was people not looking into my eyes, but at my face. The truth is, you cannot blame them because you would do the same thing. YOU WOULD. So the best option is to accept it, not take it personally, and look into ACCUTANE!! It is a true cure.

Good luck, I know it sucks.

The most frustrating thing about having acne was people not looking into my eyes, but at my face. The truth is, you cannot blame them because you would do the same thing. YOU WOULD. So the best option is to accept it, not take it personally, and look into ACCUTANE!! It is a true cure.

Good luck, I know it sucks.

Are you a paid employee for Accutane? Lol.

Ive used roaccutane and while it cleared my skin with virtually no side effects I think there are much better options.

I imagine almost every conversation you have with your friends is trivial, so where their eyes move doesnt really matter. Besides, if you have bad skin people are justified to be concerned about it. Who knows what your acne might be indicitive of? We are all human, and if one human gets sick then it puts others at risk of sickness. Your friend is quite rightly cautious.

Anyway if you have acne, youre very probably doing something very simple very wrong. Infact youre probably doing a number of things wrong.

Eat well, keep good oral hygeine, get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, exercise, sweat, dont scratch/pick/sleep on your face, and finally keep your face clean. Your acne will disappear.

I always assume that people are staring at my acne when i'm talking to them, I got asked a question though the other week about a similar sort of thing to this and someone said to me next person that talks to you that happens to have acne tell me whether you care or not when you finish the conversation with them about whether they've got spots or not, And i have to admit that a friend of mine in my workplace who does have the odd spot here and there, i did'nt think anything of his spots when talking to him and that sometimes i guess it is all in our head and assume too much, Problem i have is i dont follow my own advice lol

Ive used roaccutane and while it cleared my skin with virtually no side effects I think there are much better options.

I imagine almost every conversation you have with your friends is trivial, so where their eyes move doesnt really matter. Besides, if you have bad skin people are justified to be concerned about it. Who knows what your acne might be indicitive of? We are all human, and if one human gets sick then it puts others at risk of sickness. Your friend is quite rightly cautious.

Anyway if you have acne, youre very probably doing something very simple very wrong. Infact youre probably doing a number of things wrong.

Eat well, keep good oral hygeine, get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, exercise, sweat, dont scratch/pick/sleep on your face, and finally keep your face clean. Your acne will disappear.

How can you preach to someone about acne and doing something "very" wrong when your on the same forum for the same thing as everyone else on here?

This is so horribly flawed in so many ways... where to begin?

FIRST of all, acne is a genetical disorder, not a product of bad hygiene. I probably had the best hygiene of any of my friends when I had acne and that never helped it. I ate all the right foods, got a healthy dosage of sun, even swam in the ocean a few times a week which is supposed to do wonders for your skin. And NO, acne is not a sickness that other people should be concerned about catching and it not at all contagious. I laughed at that one it was so ridiculous.

And on top of it all, how you you possibly state all these things while already having took roaccutane!! AND then state that there's better options!

HAHAHA you my friend are a hypocrite and a joke.

Overflood - I don't have to be paid, it changed my life for the better and I only want other people to consider it. You do not have to suffer through acne.

I am amazed at how someone who's acne was severe enough to require Roaccutane could actually say so many ridiculous, ill informed and offensive things in one post. Unbelievable.

I hate this too, it makes me feel incredibly self-conscious! I think it's really impolite to do this, granted many people do it subconsciously so we can't blame them too much. I know that I, for one, always maintain eye contact when talking to someone, I don't look around their face.

FIRST of all, acne is a genetical disorder, not a product of bad hygiene. I probably had the best hygiene of any of my friends when I had acne and that never helped it. I ate all the right foods, got a healthy dosage of sun, even swam in the ocean a few times a week which is supposed to do wonders for your skin. And NO, acne is not a sickness that other people should be concerned about catching and it not at all contagious. I laughed at that one it was so ridiculous.

And on top of it all, how you you possibly state all these things while already having took roaccutane!! AND then state that there's better options!

Overflood - I don't have to be paid, it changed my life for the better and I only want other people to consider it. You do not have to suffer through acne.

You're right, you don't have to suffer from acne - But you don't have to go through the big pharmacuetical drug route to cure your acne either. You claim you did everything right, but I doubt you did everything right because you still had acne. You claim it to be a genetic disorder which is so far from the truth. If that were the case, you would see people from earlier civilizations with same same ratio of acne that there is today. In fact, acne back then before the industrial revolution was almost non-existant.

Really, what acne boils down to is diet, enviromental toxins, and exercise (or lack thereof).

Edited by overfl00d

So acne is caused by lack of exercise?! - REALLY??? As someone who suffered from this condition for 24 years and has a very healthy diet and regularly exercises I can tell you that it is most definitely not that simplistic.

Strange how a couple of people on here have chosen to almost blame the OP for having acne in the first place and gone way off topic and instead decided to lecture them on what they believe causes acne. Get more exercise folks and all your problems will be cured - apparently.

You're right, you don't have to suffer from acne - But you don't have to go through the big pharmacuetical drug route to cure your acne either. You claim you did everything right, but I doubt you did everything right because you still had acne. You claim it to be a genetic disorder which is so far from the truth. If that were the case, you would see people from earlier civilizations with same same ratio of acne that there is today. In fact, acne back then before the industrial revolution was almost non-existant.

Really, what acne boils down to is diet, enviromental toxins, and excersize (or lack thereof).

"You claim it to be a genetic disorder which is so far from the truth." <----- haha that's the one that really got me. Not trying to go out of my way to be rude here but you are just so off the ball. Please do tell, oh educated one, please do refute observable scientific fact (not my opinion) that has been common knowledge for over 25 years now. Please tell me how that is far the the truth AT ALL?? Haha you're laughable.

Really, what acne boils down to is genetics, genetics, and genetics.

"

Chromosomal abnormalities, HLA phenotypes, polymorphism of human cytochrome P-450 1A1 and MUC1 gene are involved in the pathogenesis of acne. Several other genes are being studied."

And here's the (credible, scientific journal) link to boot.....jackass.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12566802

Next time don't waste my time and go educate yourself.

Edited by AccutaneInMyBrain

Really, what acne boils down to is diet, enviromental toxins, and excersize (or lack thereof).

"You claim it to be a genetic disorder which is so far from the truth." <----- haha that's the one that really got me. Not trying to go out of my way to be rude here but you are just so off the ball. Please do tell, oh educated one, please do refute observable scientific fact (not my opinion) that has been common knowledge for over 25 years now. Please tell me how that is far the the truth AT ALL?? Haha you're laughable.

"

Chromosomal abnormalities, HLA phenotypes, polymorphism of human cytochrome P-450 1A1 and MUC1 gene are involved in the pathogenesis of acne. Several other genes are being studied."

Bro different things work for different people. For example: antibiotics did almost nothing for me, but I have been using aloe vera juice orally and omega-3 and D and eating healthy and my face has gotten much, much better. I also notice that when I eat poorly my face gets way worse. I know for other people though diet has virtually no effect. Accutane may have worked for you, you may never have side effects. However, for some people it may not work at all and there is always the possibility that they will suffer later on because they used it.

"

Bro different things work for different people. For example: antibiotics did almost nothing for me, but I have been using aloe vera juice orally and omega-3 and D and eating healthy and my face has gotten much, much better. I also notice that when I eat poorly my face gets way worse. I know for other people though diet has virtually no effect. Accutane may have worked for you, you may never have side effects. However, for some people it may not work at all and there is always the possibility that they will suffer later on because they used it.

You are 100% right, I couldn't have said it better myself. I was only trying to shed light on overfloods very narrow philosophy. But thank you for the clarification.

"

Aww, you sound so angry? Are you ok? I think the Accutane has made you an irratable person. (I can't blame you though, one of the side-effects of Accutane is suicide)

Government links do not work in your favor, drug-user, they're strikes against you!

If you go to other history's of civilizations, acne was non-existant. If it was genes, you would see acne - as prevelant as it is today in western society - in other cultures. Did Native Americans have acne? Did ancient greeks have wide-spread acne? Thought so.

Edited by overfl00d

I think it's kinda unreasonable to expect people to keep 100% eye contact. We're a very visual and observant species. Of course people's eyes just naturally dart around. They're just being aware of their surroundings. For example, I can usually see all of a person's facial flaws in just a few seconds being in their vicinity.

The problem though is when people deliberately inspect your face up close. That's the difference. When someone is all up in your face and even making a disgusted look is when it's wrong. I've had that happen to me before when I had breakouts and it's the worst, I'm like what the hell are you doing? When someone inspects your acne and then makes a comment about what they find is much different than someone just naturally observing your skin.

For me it's more like someone walking toward me will glance at my face so I look at them and they turn away or look down at the floor in disgust, follwed by the feeling of being stabbed in the stomach.

This is, unfortunately, not foreign to me. A few times in the past, noticing others doing this irritated me to such an extent as to distract me from the conversation myself!

Since, I have done my best to overlook whenever someone looks at my skin. Although I prefer to look into another's eyes and do so without difficulty, many people - as it has been pointed out - happen to inspect others' visages. and quite innocently. What I believe: It would be unfair and even less reasonable to make reservations about how someone is or what he thinks through this act alone.