Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliask

When will we grow out of our acne?

I know there are some people who never grow out of acne and still battle with it in their 30's and 40's, but I believe there are many people who DO grow out of their acne. I see a lot of young adults (mid-late 20's) with acne scars and no active acne, so that means they must've once had acne and grew out of it or found some sort of a cure.

I've had acne since I was 16, and I am now 20. Although my acne isn't severe, it's still a pain in the ass. I'm just waiting for the day when acne cease to appear on my face, so I can stop being paranoid about everything i eat or touches my face. Will that day come?

What is a common age for people to stop getting acne, if they do stop getting acne?

I'm 20 also. Had acne since 15 and still no sign of outgrowing it.

It depends on if your male or female. Males who have teenage acne usually outgrow it by about 25 years old. I'm not too sure about females who have teenage acne though. I do know that females over the age of 25 who never had acne before and get it at that age usually outgrow it by 30 years old.

And there are also some males who are so sensitive that they have acne all the way into their 40's!

ive had it since I was 17, it was alot worse before now I wouldnt even consider it mild (im now 20), im on tetracycline now to help copmletely clear my up, ive been told by my doctor that I will outgrow it in my mid twenties but i dont want to wait till im 25, thats 5 years from now :X 3 years with acne has already been enough

If you have it as a teen, you will grow out of it around 20 - 22. If you didn't have it as a teen, I think it increases your chances of getting adult acne.

Personally I would rather have no acne, but rather teen than adult.

I've been having acne since I was 12, how come most of you seem to get it much later? I'm 18 now and my acne's still going strong...dunno how many more years of it I'll have to endure sad.gif

I think its suppossed to exhibit signs of decreased activity around the early twenties...

Im 20 right now and mine isnt too bad anymore...from time to time ill have a breakout....but nothing serious anymore....

I've had acne since I was 11. I just turned 29 and I am still getting it. I am still waiting for the day until I finally "grow" out of it. My dermatologist crushed my dreams when he told me that "I'm 50 and I still get acne." So I've come to the realization that it will be a part of my life forever. *sigh*

I've turned 23 just the other day, round about the time when my current breakout started. I've had it since about 14. I did have it much worse in my teens, but that thought doesn't help me much now. I feel i had my quota of this sh*ty experience. I'm an adult now and i don't need this anymore. Ha, to top if off i'm already beginning to loose my hair. So, i'm going bold prematurely and having acne postmaturely. eusa_dance.gif

Think it's mid 20's it's meant to start dying down, as the sex hormones do the same. However it's different for everyone so no actual time length will ever be accurate.

I'm 25 I had acne since I was 14. It was moderate or mild case. I've always thought it was severe. But, when I got out of highschool it got worse. I think when I was about 19-20 was severe. But, I've other alternatives. I started to eat right and exercised. And treat my face it work. But, it made me more paranoid if I wouldn't go for a day to treat my acne. When I turn 21 it was under control. But, then I got so much stress about everything. About 22 and 23 I got birth control pills. It work but, when I couldn't afford it my acne came back again. It got worse. Now, I'm 25 and I think I have mild case of acne but, I still have the stinking scars and redness..... eusa_doh.gif

But, I shouldn't think about it to much. I just need to let life take it course and deal with it.

I think if you just go through life and not thinking about acne maybe you could grow out of it. My brother had moderate acne and he stops having acne since he was 18. Now he is 24 and he tells me he doesn't care about his skin so much. He never did. He doesn't think about. He says, he has other stuff to think about his movie collection. I took his advice of doing that. And it does work. But, then I start having flares up and I freak out and I go again looking at the mirror every 4 mins. I guess if you stop thinking about and you eat right and you treat your face without irritating your skin. It might work. Just taking each step of telling yourself your beautiful everyday. Might ease your pain and you might grow out of it.

I've had acne since age 15 and I'm 19 this December. Both my parents had acne and according to them, theirs ended when they were 22.