Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holls77

Dermabrasion or microdermabrasion? Please help

I have shallow scarring on my cheeks, a couple shallow icepicks & a few hyperpigmentation scars (a few of which feel a bit indented). Is dermabrasion or microderm. better for this type of scarring? I only have one bad icepick, the rest of minor.. In terms of microderm, how many treatments are usually required before you can see improvement? And in terms of dermabrasion, can you just get one area of the face (such as my right cheek) done? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I have shallow scarring on my cheeks, a couple shallow icepicks & a few hyperpigmentation scars (a few of which feel a bit indented).  Is dermabrasion or microderm. better for this type of scarring?  I only have one bad icepick, the rest of minor..  In terms of microderm, how many treatments are usually required before you can see improvement?  And in terms of dermabrasion, can you just get one area of the face (such as my right cheek) done?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi, dermabrasion is an invasive and serious procedure. Microdermabrasion is just a very small version of dermabrasion and won't do very much. It may help the hyperpigmentation though.

You need to research both procedures in depth before making that decision. Dermabrasion is performed with a wire brush, costs a lot of money and success is dependent upon the skill of the practitioner. Also, there will be a lot of downtime.

Microdermabrasion is a much more mild procedure in which a special machine is used to physically exfoliate your skin.

I suggest you read about both procedures, make several appointments with Doctors who perfom them and ask their opinion for your particular scarring.