Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sometimes you can use an anti-dandruff shampoo like Neutrogena T-Sal, which has 3% salicylic acid. Just make sure you look at the ingredients because some of the antidandruff shampoos have coal tar or selenium sulfide or zinc. Hope that helps.

Most facewashes you find at the drugstore will have 2% salicylic acid in them. Clearasil, neutrogena, clean and clear are just some of them. Check the label on the back to see if the "active ingredient" is salicylic acid.

Btw is 20 percent salicylic acid too strong

You will definitely risk skin irration if you have sensitive skin.

What I did was buy 30% SA peels and add them to Paula's Choice 2% BHA to create 5% BHA.

For the 120mL 2% BHA, adding 14mL of 30% SA will bring the peel strength to 4.91% (okay, I lied, it's not 5%)

It works well for me, I've seen real improvement. But, in terms of permanent scars, I've seen a lot more from using the actual peel, AHA, and dermarolling.

Sometimes you can use an anti-dandruff shampoo like Neutrogena T-Sal, which has 3% salicylic acid. Just make sure you look at the ingredients because some of the antidandruff shampoos have coal tar or selenium sulfide or zinc. Hope that helps.

I just posted about my regimen. Neutrogena T-Sal is AMAZING when used with Dr. Murad's exfoliating treatment gel. I am going to buy his full Acne Starter kit and see if all the products combined fix the last of my problems. I'll always and forever use T-Sal though!

I actually got some 20% Salicylic Acid (amazon.com) and I've been using the peel for about 3 weeks. My acne has actually been clearing up and my scars are slowly going away. I do the peel weekly and started off at 1 minute and add a minute on top to that each week. The peel isn't that bad and I have sensitive skin. I thought I was going to burn a hole in my face or break out like crazy. I've been taking progression photos so I'll post those up later. Just remember that something that works for me, won't be guaranteed to work for you. good luck! Also: I know this is old/has been posted before, but try lemons or limes, they work as a good astringent/exfoliator as well.