Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dermatologist prescribed Retin-A 0.025% cream about 7 months ago, and it started out working pretty well for me, but then it just stopped. Now, I'm getting breakouts again of all different types. For instance, sometimes I just get a little red pimple, but sometimes I get those HORRIBLE hard ones that hurt and last for weeks. All in all, though, I'd say I have mild acne. Retin-A never dried out my skin and actually made it oily. I am going to the dermatologist Thursday to discuss it. Which medicine do you think I should ask her about?

1) Retin-A 0.05%

2) Retin-A Micro

3) Epiduo

Thank you!!

Tough call - you could try to up the dosage and see if that moves things along. I am on atralin (tretinoin .05%) and my skin is just dry and at times red. I am 12 weeks in and still breaking out. Needless to say this percentage does not irritate me. It's worth a try.

Ever concidered Accutane? I went on it last year and it completely cleared me. Going on a second time in the next few months hopefully to finish it off