Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UMDTerps

What Do You Think Of This Regimen?

Hey guys, I just went to my dermatologist for a check-up and came back with some questions. I've been on and off of Mino for about 1.5 years now, and she said it'd be better to stop using it, so I'm going cold turkey as of today. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to break out but I've got Acanya & Differin on my side.

My acne's pretty much always flared up at stressful times of the year.

Over the last couple of months I've been really working to change my Regimen and this is what I'm at now.

Morning:

Wash Face with CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin

Apply Acanya mixed with Neutrogena Oil-Free Sensitive Skin Moisturizer

And if I know that I'm going to be outside during the day I'll apply Coppertone SPF 50 Sensitive Skin Sunscreen

and

Night:

Wash Face with Lemon& Sugar Natural Facial Scrub mixed in with a little bit of Cerave Cleanser to keep the skin from drying.

Apply Differin .3 mixed with Neutrogena Moisturizer.

Over the last couple of weeks I have notice that the Lemon & Sugar have greatly helped my face and it doesn't seem to have caused skin irritation (if my skin's irritated I usually know because of the uneasy feeling). My question is, is this too much to use on your face, as in if it's working should I keep on using the Lemon & Sugar with the Cerave every night or should I keep the L & S to only once or twice a week? My dermatologist's always a dramatic debby-downer so I can't really explain everything to her. Thanks a lot for anyone who helps, Dan.

Oh and lastly, the last few months after I got back onto my topicals and medication everyone has been telling me how great my skins looks, yet my Derm says that my skin looks somewhat aggravated. :( First time anyone has said that to me in awhile and I don't just hear all of the good all the time. Thanks again!