Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So other than the annoying red marks, I'm about 95% clear with just 1-2 active pimples. I want to start trying to treat these marks, but am not sure where to start.

Has anyone ever used aloe vera GEL and did it help the fading?? Also, how would I work this into my regimen. I'm still following the DKR almost exactly (only difference is using 1 pump BP instead of 2).

Should I apply the aloe vera gel on my face after moisturizing or what?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

So other than the annoying red marks, I'm about 95% clear with just 1-2 active pimples. I want to start trying to treat these marks, but am not sure where to start.

Has anyone ever used aloe vera GEL and did it help the fading?? Also, how would I work this into my regimen. I'm still following the DKR almost exactly (only difference is using 1 pump BP instead of 2).

I had an insane amount of red marks on my cheeks after an acne treatment course gone wrong, along with overall redness. Just less than 3 months ago I started using a product called Nature's Aid which is just a mixture of Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Rosemary. I'm certainly not clear yet but I think the progress I've seen in less than 3 months of using this is pretty miraculous considering just how bad my marks were before. Now they are way more faded and at this rate they'll probably be clear in another couple of months.

Aloe Vera on it's own probably wouldn't be as helpful but I seriously recommend Nature's Aid. I bought a huge bottle for 30$ 3 months ago and I'm not even close to running out yet.

I had an insane amount of red marks on my cheeks after an acne treatment course gone wrong, along with overall redness. Just less than 3 months ago I started using a product called Nature's Aid which is just a mixture of Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Rosemary. I'm certainly not clear yet but I think the progress I've seen in less than 3 months of using this is pretty miraculous considering just how bad my marks were before. Now they are way more faded and at this rate they'll probably be clear in another couple of months.

Aloe Vera on it's own probably wouldn't be as helpful but I seriously recommend Nature's Aid. I bought a huge bottle for 30$ 3 months ago and I'm not even close to running out yet.

That stuff sounds awesome, do you know of any stores that carry it? So far I can only find it online...

However, I've just been using aloe vera gel and after a week it seems to be working pretty well!!

Just wanted to update everyone, it' been only about a week and the aloe vera gel is DOING WONDERS!!!!

A quick back story on how I got to where I am. I used the DKR for about 4 months until I was finally 95% clear other than the red marks and PIH. About a week ago I decided to start a new regimen to heal my face.

Let me first tell you, YOUR RED MARKS WILL NOT DISAPPEAR UNTIL YOUR FACE IS HEALTHY. I kept on trying to use the DKR (meaning tons of BP) and I wondered why my face wouldn't heal. The answer was simple. My face was too dry and my skin was too unhealthy to heal the red marks. Thus, I started a revised regimen to eliminate the excessive, harsh chemical of BP:

Morning: Cleanse, Moisturize within 2 minutes in order to lock in moisture, wait 5 minutes, spot treat any active acne with BP, wait 5-10 minutes, apply moisturizer/aloe vera gel.

Apply aloe vera gel/moisturizer during day when needed

Night: Same routine as morning.

It's only been a week, and honestly the red marks I've had for months are almost gone, it is INCREDIBLE. I do notice a little bit more active acne, but they are all very small pimples and I've got about 3 of them right now, so there is a trade-off. I've also been taking a daily multivitamin (done this throught the 4 month DKR process), and started taking 2 fish oil pills per day, which I think is also helping!

I hope this gives you all hope and let me know if you have any questions! Before/after pictures will be posted in a couple weeks!

Just wanted to update everyone, it' been only about a week and the aloe vera gel is DOING WONDERS!!!!

A quick back story on how I got to where I am. I used the DKR for about 4 months until I was finally 95% clear other than the red marks and PIH. About a week ago I decided to start a new regimen to heal my face.

Let me first tell you, YOUR RED MARKS WILL NOT DISAPPEAR UNTIL YOUR FACE IS HEALTHY. I kept on trying to use the DKR (meaning tons of BP) and I wondered why my face wouldn't heal. The answer was simple. My face was too dry and my skin was too unhealthy to heal the red marks. Thus, I started a revised regimen to eliminate the excessive, harsh chemical of BP:

Morning: Cleanse, Moisturize within 2 minutes in order to lock in moisture, wait 5 minutes, spot treat any active acne with BP, wait 5-10 minutes, apply moisturizer/aloe vera gel.

It's only been a week, and honestly the red marks I've had for months are almost gone, it is INCREDIBLE. I do notice a little bit more active acne, but they are all very small pimples and I've got about 3 of them right now, so there is a trade-off. I've also been taking a daily multivitamin (done this throught the 4 month DKR process), and started taking 2 fish oil pills per day, which I think is also helping!

I hope this gives you all hope and let me know if you have any questions! Before/after pictures will be posted in a couple weeks!

is the brand of the aloe vera gel fruit of the earth?

Of course aloe vera gel (fresh) itself is helpful! It does help with scars and red marks. No need ot buy products. Fresh is always better.

I've been applying aloe vera (fresh) on face twice- three times a day and I notice improvement on scars and red marks.

I have 3-4 active pimples and some red marks. I am glad most of red marks faded and my skin was terrible like 2 weeks ago.. I had a lot of ugly pimples.. some cystics. Now my skin look better, but I have new scars which sucks.. I will keep using aloe vera and hope for the best :)

Edited by EddieE

Omg I am in love with fresh aloe Vera. Super great for skin but yeah fresh is waaaaay better and more effective overall. But i wish you all good luck with scars they're a bitch. Lol

Yes! I agree with ramblinrose. You can grow fresh aloe in your house 365 a year. I have a little aloe plant in the kitchen

right now and almost impossible to kill it. Forget to water it, it never gets sun and that little plant is so resilient.

just keep it away from cats!! they might try to nibble it. i know this from experience with an old roommates cat! tongue.png

Did they get sick from it?

no thank goodness!!! i noticed teeth marks in a couple of the arms of the plant. is that what you call them lol? when i noticed the teeth marks and a teeny nibble out of the tip of one piece i moved the aloe plant so she couldnt get to it.

lol!! me too!! the same cat nibbled my bonsai tree to death. i tried everything to build barriers around it too. evil kitty!! :P

do you use the aloe vera gel all over your face or only on the spots/red marks? how does it work on top of the BP?

Aloe-vera juice has many different confirmed anti-bacterial and anti-fungal premises. It's actually used in treatments implemented to stop ringworm or tinea inducing infection. The actual complete concentrations of active elements for example C-glycosides and various other lectins allows benefits of aloe vera. It's actually a favorite anti inflammatory, free radical cleansing and overall health restoring agent. Concentrated lotions and creams are currently offered to cure injuries, stings and lacerations, burning from the sun, eczema and acne breakouts. The sap and also gel of this herb is usually taken in for stopping acid reflux problems, vaginal yeast infections, Chron's disease, osteo-arthritis, bronchial asthma, hay fever and in many cases guard the body from free-radicals.

The benefits of natural aloe vera are known today and we can strongly recommend its consumption, but make sure you talk to your health practitioner first. In some instances a number of people can react in different ways to natural aloe vera.