Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jondread

Help Please!? I Think I May Have Damaged My Skin!

Okay, so, I use Cuticura Mildly Medicated Soap on my skin which is quite, well, I'd say stripping, but it doesn't make my face dry afterwards. Anyhows, I usually use it only at night, but I thought today I would just try in the shower this morning too.

So after I cleaned my face I notice that there's a lot of friction between my fingers and my skin on my face?

Then after rubbing my fingers against my skin I'm noticing that it's starting to flake off, in little white balls and almost little rolls? If that makes sense? I was literally rubbing down my cheek and feeling my skin kinda crumble off?!!?!?

What the heck has happened, and is this bad to do!? It felt like I was getting a layer of skin off... Help!

This is actually a good thing, unless you're rubbing too hard and leaving behind raw patches. The skin coming off is just dead skin cells that've accumulated over time. I've had this happen before and it's nothing to worry about, just don't rub or peel off the skin or cause any kind of bleeding to your face.