Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kinimi

My Foundation Is Shiny

Can anyone help me with this? Either by recommending a different foundation, or educating me about makeup, i.e. is there something I can put on top of it to help with the shinyness? By the way I'm using Covergirl natureluxe.

yes, u can put something on top of it to stay matte for longer. i've tried many setting powders, and the ones i like the most both come from ELF. i use the mineral booster, or the HD powder. they r very easy to use. you just swirl a brush into the product, tap off the excess, and apply. you only need very little, too. i prob get 5 hours of wear before i see some shine..but i have really oily skin. definitely check out makeupalley if you need more info..and youtube is a great help, too.

Edited by guacohmy

Bare in mind however that some foundations have a natural shine to them to try and luminise dull looking skin. You may want to look into a matt foundation if it's still bothering you after applying powder

Is the foundation ITSELF shiny? Or is your skin becoming shiny through your foundation? If it's the former, you should probably try a different foundation, perhaps something less similar to a tinted moisturizer. If it's the latter, try using a translucent powder after applying your foundation and throughout the day as needed.

Is the foundation ITSELF shiny? Or is your skin becoming shiny through your foundation?

It's the former.

Huge thanks for the replies everyone.

Set it with mattifying loose powder, OR change the foundation for one that has a matte finish. The problem could be that a. you're not setting it so it retains that wet-shiny look as it's not properly dry and set or b. you're using a moisturising, luminescent foundation that's meant to look shiny. Fix the problem accordingly.