Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I made a thread like this for toners and astringents a while back and thought it was quite a success, so i am doing this thread for the same reason: That is, i have seen a lot about moisturisers but never a post like this summarising the best you have used.

I would like to know:

1) the best shine control (matt) moisturiser you have used

2) the best moisturiser you have used which helps reduce breakouts (e.g one that contains SA).

Note: Neither really need to moisturise very well, i am looking for shine control and treatment/prevention here.

Thanks loads

Guest Tracy

LOL!! It's due to old-age wisdom. I've been through tons of products and tons of breakouts in my lifetime. smile.gif

wink.gif

But if you must have SA, then try these:

user posted image

L'Oreal Futur.e

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Moisturizer Daily Face Cream with Salicylic Acid & Retinol

California North has a moisturizer with BHA (for men and women) that also serves as a sunscreen. Unfortunately, it's only SPF 7. You need at least SPF 15.

http://manstouch.com/skinbody/pc0217.html

http://www.californianorth.ca/skincare/oxybha_women.html

Hmm...I've come across a moisturiser - L'oreal Anti-regreasing moisturiser with S.A. It seems to match my criteria perfectly...so has anyone tried it and what do you think of it?

I would most like this product to mattify, as i seem to have my breakouts under control.

oh, just come across this mattifying and SA moisturiser:

Garnier synergie pure sebum control moisturiser

Has clay and zinc to control oil, as well as SA to prevent breakouts. And only £2.99 at boots at the mo. Anyone tried it? Looks like a competitor to the loreal, which i havnt tried yet

Reviews:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/L_Garnier_Synergie_S...sturiser__68582

Just an update - I have got the garnier pure sebum control moisturiser with clay and zinc and i tried it first day like this:

Apply normal moisturiser

Wait till absorbed

Apply garnier pure sebum control moisturiser

The mattifying action was very minimal, and i don't think it really made a difference to my oiliness.

The 2nd time i used it i used it like this:

Wait till absorbed

Apply normal moisturiser

Wait till absorbed

Apply garnier pure sebum control moisturiser on T zone (oily parts of face)

This worked wonders and my skin hardly oiled up till about 4 o clock, which isnt bad at all considering i wash my face at 7.30 and do nothing else to it during the day (ie no oil absorbing sheets etc).

This stuff has SA in it which is good as well. Just hoping it won't break me out, and i'll have a cool anti breakout, mattifying moisturiser.

Just an update - I have got the garnier pure sebum control moisturiser with clay and zinc and i tried it first day like this:

Apply normal moisturiser

Wait till absorbed

The mattifying action was very minimal, and i don't think it really made a difference to my oiliness.

The 2nd time i used it i used it like this:

Wait till absorbed

Apply normal moisturiser

Wait till absorbed

Apply garnier pure sebum control moisturiser on T zone (oily parts of face)

This worked wonders and my skin hardly oiled up till about 4 o clock, which isnt bad at all considering i wash my face at 7.30 and do nothing else to it during the day (ie no oil absorbing sheets etc).

This stuff has SA in it which is good as well. Just hoping it won't break me out, and i'll have a cool anti breakout, mattifying moisturiser.