Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lee00001

Hypoallergenic Food List....

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has access to a full and accurate hypoallergenic food list? I've found a few online but most contradict each other (e.g. one says you can eat apples, the other doesn't). I've attached a file showing a combination of the best two lists I've found....

Currently all the foods that i'm eating are:

Vegetables - sweet potato, green beans, peas, red/spring onion, beetroot, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, kale, parsnips.

Fruit - blackberries, blueberries, red grapes.

Nuts - walnuts, almonds.

Grains - brown rice, brown rice pasta.

Beans - black turtle, butter, pinto, canellini.

Meats - turkey, chicken, lamb (occasionally), canned tuna (in spring water so pretty much 0 salt).

Oils - cold pressed virgin coconut.

Herbs/spices - Turmeric, coriander, cumin, mint.

Supplements - brown rice protein, salmon oil, b complex, vitamin C, zinc, probiotics.

Drinks - Filtered water, nettle tea, peppermint tea, red bush tea, rice milk.

I also tried almond butter (which is allowed on the list) but i'm not sure if ill eat any more because I seem to have broke out major since eating it two days ago...the almonds in the butter are roasted though maybe that is a factor?

Foods I preiously ate but have omitted (in accordance to the table) are: apples, bananas, strawberries, grapefruit, melon, cashew nuts, brazilnuts, flaxseed, beef, eggs, potatoes, corn, peppers, chilli, tomatoes, cocoa, whey protein, olive oil.

I appreciate some of you don't like the idea of eating brown rice (for the same reason as the other grains), but because of my training I need at least one carbohydrate dense food in my diet, that I can eat regularly, hence trying this hypoallergenic diet.

Thanks for you help ;).

Lee.

Hypoallergenic_foodlist.pdf

Hypoallergenic_foodlist.pdf

Just be aware that even natural organic foods can cause issue. But that list looks good...things I would eat (except I would replace tuna for real pacific salmon fillets).

Took this from one of alternativista's post:

http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3139398

List of Hypoallergenic Foods from World's Healthiest Foods book. (For some reason, they cover this much more simply and to the point in the book than on the website. You think it would be the other way around.)

Cabbage

Carrots

Celery

Collard Greens

Green Beans

Green Peas

Kale

Lettuce

Summer Squash (Zucchini)

Sweet Potatoes

Swiss Chard

Winter Squash

Sea Vegetables

Garlic and Onions

Olive Oil

Apples

Grapes

Lemons*

Pears

Brown Rice **

Black Beans **

Garbanzos

Lentils

Pumpkin seeds

Sesame Seeds

Sunflower seeds

Cod

Wild Salmon

Lamb

**Notes:

-Lamb is on that list because it is almost always from pastured animals fed no grains. If you can find products from other animals raised that way or wild they are probably fine.

-Make sure the Salmon is wild, not farmed.

-Cherries, like other stone fruit should be organic and we've had some people here that break out from stone fruit. I don't know that they've methodically verified that they react to every stone fruit or if they can have cherries. Almonds belong to the same family, btw.

-I get cysts from oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, and key limes, but I've been able to use quite a bit of lemon and other limes without a problem.

-Some people have difficulty digesting legumes, so you might want to avoid those for a period as well. And when you add them in, make them yourself from dried beans and soaked at least overnight. More info on lectins and proper preparation/food combos to reduce their harm: http://www.acne.org/...me-t247794.html

-Some people have issues with fructose malabsorption which can be improved with a natural circadian rhythm and certain nutrients like taurine.

- It turns out that rice contains a lectin that damages intestinal linings just like gluten grains. In smaller amount, sure. But if you are already damaged. Many people should avoid all grains and legumes especially if they have other health/digestion problems.

And I'm not sure if by 'Summer Squash (Zucchini)' they mean all summer squash with zucchini as one example of a summer squash, or they mean specifically just zucchini.

Edited by takenimpulse