Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clayjar

What Helped Reduce My Cysts Drastically

Not that this will help everyone, but just wanna share what helped me...

In regards to cystic acne, no matter what my diet was like, I would get cysts on my neck, shoulders and back.

It wasn't until I started taking Optizinc 30mg caps twice a day that the cysts virtually dissapeared (although not acne altogether). It made a difference practically overnight.

Then I introduced Maca into my daily routine...1/2 teaspoon in the morning upon waking and 1/2 teaspoon in the evening. It has seemed to help regulate my hormones somewhat. I still get acne on these problem areas but it is significantly less and heals quicker. I use the NOW brand of Maca powder (and no, I am not connected to this brand, I'm sure other high-quality Maca products will work the same). I stumbled upon its acne-benefits on accident cause I started taking it to improve my muscle-building workouts.

I should also add that at around the same time of the Maca, I stopped using soap on my problem areas when showering and only use water (soap for all the rest of my body). Also, I started concentrating on not drinking significant amounts of water/beverage when eating. I usually will wait a minimum of 20-30 minutes after drinking to eat (for the liquid to exit the stomach). After eating, I wait a minimum of an hour to have anything to drink again. I had heard this has helped some people, but I am unsure exactly if it helps me or if its the Zinc and Maca.

Edited by clayjar