Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've just purchased some African black soap by Nubian Heritage as I've read some really good reviews about it helping people with their acne. I was drawn to trying it as it contains organic ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil and shea butter. I like using natural skincare products and try to avoid harsh chemicals like BP all over my face (part of the main raison I won't try this sites regimen).

I have moderate acne, used to be cystic but now mainly red spots/whiteheads, concentrated mainly around my chin/mouth areq and cheeks, especially around my period. I have combination skin and its quite sensitive.

I was just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences to share about African black soap? Has it helped your acne at all?

I would worry about the coconut oil and shea butter in the soap, as I've always heard they were both clogging. Let us know how you like it though. Like most of the natural line of skin care, some people's skin can tolerate coconut oil, some can't. Jobaba oil is the same thing.

"I like using natural skincare products and try to avoid harsh chemicals like BP all over my face (part of the main raison I won't try this sites regimen)."

Thought you might like to check this out...http://www.olivus.com/DoubleMint-Organic-Olive-Leaf-Soap-for-acne-control_p_49.html

I should be receiving my shipment soon. Will let ya know if it helps.

Thanks for the link, that sounds like something I would like to try :) I'll test out the African black soap for a couple of weeks when I receive it and if I see no improvement I may try that.

I tried this but it didnt work for my acne. It's a nice soap for the body though, gets you really clean. Be careful not to get any in your eyes, it burns really bad!

YES IT WORKS!!! I've been using black soap for maybe a month and a half now and as you can see in my profile pic my acne is clearing up very nicely! I will warn you that you're skin does experience a purging period and mine got really bad :/. My pores were so clogged from using BP and other chemicals for 10 years...yes 10 years i've been suffering from acne! You can tell if your skin is purging because after 2 weeks or so of using the african soap i broke out in tiny bumps all over in my usual break out areas. i freaked out at first but realized it was needed because the BP was blocking my pores from doing their job. I went to try this as it is natural and i'm going on a natural journey to better my body and let me tell you, no regrets! it even clears away a lot of the scars left behind by acne. Again, your skin will purge but its worth it in the end. Chemical free and almost 100% acne free too!!!! (my acne was moderate to severe. I would get cysts from time to time but mostly just pustules on my cheeks, chin and forehead)

I am using back soap and have used others in the past and will tell you, not all are created equal. My skin is sensitive,combination and as (since I'm here) acne prone. I know how o treat it now but still experiment, whie experienting with bs these are my findings.

Nubian heritage is very moisturizing (I am more on the oily side) This soap is very gentle, leaves your soft and skin supple. I actually had a small issue with being to oily but thats probably because I mixed it with some Mary Kay products. I used their normal to dry moisturizer, day and night solution (this also helps my pimples and skintone even out soo much). The bs has a night scent but it's artificial, luckily it did not irritate my face. With black soap your supposed to moisturize, for me using Shea butter directly behind it does not work, I need a ph stabilizer since bs is quite alkaline. Either way it works well to soften and brighten.

I prefer alaffias bs(currently using), it truly exfoliates but to much washing leaves you feeling raw with drier skin but you have smaller pores and more refined skin. Contains no coconut oil, just Shea butter, red palm oil I believe and plaintain skins.

Black soap is the fastest way to even out your skin tone and detox the skin (IMO)

DETOX is right! Didn't know my skin was this nasty underneath. Still purging a bit but it looks like it'll be calming down sometime in June. Hopefully before the 27th which is my birthday :D. No better gift for me than clear skin! (not even a $5000 gift card to Sephora)cool.png

Worst soap I ever tried IMO. It didn't feel gentle at all...despite being all "natural". It would leave my face super dry and tight...I felt like I had some egg whites mask on. It also would sting a bit. Plus it's a very ugly soap!

I've tried this for about 2 months and saw no progress... The only difference was that although it gave me that nice clean feeling right after, it made my face extremely dry.. Definitely couldn't handle that