Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beelala93

Question About Alcohol And Accutane?

Hi

Just a quick question. I'll be on holiday for my 8th and 9th weeks of being on accutane and I was wondering, I was to take a break from the meds for that time (6th July - 13th July), would I be able to drink a bit whilst I was there?

I know and understand why you can't drink whilst you're taking it, but if I was to stop taking it while I was on holiday?

I obviously don't want ANY damage to be caused and I'm not desperate to drink whilst away, purely curious.

Thanks x

i wouldn't take the risk, im also on accutane and this was something i thought about too but then i thought i'll take not drinking for a few months if i can have clear skin.

i wouldn't take the risk, im also on accutane and this was something i thought about too but then i thought i'll take not drinking for a few months if i can have clear skin.

Thanks for your reply :)

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I guess it was a fleeting idea, but virgin cocktails all the way for me nod.gif

i just finished my course, and despite my best attempt to not drink...I think I actually drank more during my course than any other 5 month snapshot of my life. My bloodwork came back normal each month and I didn't notice any adverse effects physically, except getting buzzed quicker than normal. That said - I think you should be OK to drink and continue to take your meds for a couple of days - just don't do what I did and have a 5 month bender.

Im not trying to advocate drinking...but out of every pill Ive ever taken, accutane is one of the few that DID NOT have a "NO ALCOHOL" warning label, I find that amusing shifty.gif

That said, I do drink, usually only once a week, and will admit that when I do, its more than I should have in one sitting. I dont have any more side effects from drinking on accutane than I would normally have. My dr does tell me NOT to drink everytime I see her, but also said 1-2 drinks in a sitting a few times a week is ok, but binge drinking - NOT a good idea. I have cut back on my drinking while on accutane, because obviously it is hard on yr body/liver and I dont need to tax my liver anymore than I already am...and DONT want to get kicked off the accutane for poor bloodwork.

i just finished my course, and despite my best attempt to not drink...I think I actually drank more during my course than any other 5 month snapshot of my life. My bloodwork came back normal each month and I didn't notice any adverse effects physically, except getting buzzed quicker than normal. That said - I think you should be OK to drink and continue to take your meds for a couple of days - just don't do what I did and have a 5 month bender.

Okay, I'll just take it easy. Maybe a celebratory cocktail on my birthday ;)

Im not trying to advocate drinking...but out of every pill Ive ever taken, accutane is one of the few that DID NOT have a "NO ALCOHOL" warning label, I find that amusing shifty.gif

That said, I do drink, usually only once a week, and will admit that when I do, its more than I should have in one sitting. I dont have any more side effects from drinking on accutane than I would normally have. My dr does tell me NOT to drink everytime I see her, but also said 1-2 drinks in a sitting a few times a week is ok, but binge drinking - NOT a good idea. I have cut back on my drinking while on accutane, because obviously it is hard on yr body/liver and I dont need to tax my liver anymore than I already am...and DONT want to get kicked off the accutane for poor bloodwork.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I guess they strongly advise it because of the risks. I'll just be teetotal for the next few months....mostly ;)

hey there!!!

Im on my third month of accutane, only 1 month to finish, and honestly i've got hammered like 3-4 times. Also, i drink every weekend, but i dont get drunk. My blood tests are normal. Im not saying you should do the same, because i know its bad, liver works a lot with isotretinoin, fats makes tryglicerids to increase and alcohol does that to..

In conclusion, there's absolutly no problem if you to drink for ONE NIGHT, have fun and dont get worried!!

ps: cheer one shot for me ;)

hey there!!!

Im on my third month of accutane, only 1 month to finish, and honestly i've got hammered like 3-4 times. Also, i drink every weekend, but i dont get drunk. My blood tests are normal. Im not saying you should do the same, because i know its bad, liver works a lot with isotretinoin, fats makes tryglicerids to increase and alcohol does that to..

In conclusion, there's absolutly no problem if you to drink for ONE NIGHT, have fun and dont get worried!!

ps: cheer one shot for me wink.png

Thanks for you advice :)