Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellomoto21

A Mask To Hide My Face

ight, so i just really need to vent

having acne, i feel, is putting me down in so many ways; and no one seems to understand. Sure the commercials and books say "your not alone", but truth is, the experience is as lone as it gets. No matter how hard you try, they just won't get off your face! I might as well wear a mask so no one can see the hideous scars and ugly, large, red zits.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends, I'm great at academics, play sports, etc. But I know I could be so much better, so much more confident, if I wasn't concious about my face. I feel like when ever I'm talking to someone, they're eyeing my acne onstead of focusing on me. I have been made fun of too :-(. Yeah, i guess i don't let it get to me, but i can't help but wonder "why me"? Why couldn't i have the pretty smootn skin all the other girls have? Concealers dont cover it up good, and dry up my skin REALLY BAD because i use proactive.... Sigh*

proactive, neutrogena, clean n clear, aloe vera, etc. Etc. The list just goes on. NOTHING seems to work. I'm not going to give up, and know that someday (hopefully soon) I will find the cure to my acne. I hope so....

Anybody else evr feel the same way? Feeling sorta down right now :/

Hello there, yep know how ya feel unfortunately. I always hear about how like 70% of Americans get acne at some point in their life. Umm seriously? I never see anybody with acne. I go to the store with 100 people there and I am the only one with this problem. I pretty much ask myself everyday why me? But then I say why not me? I guess everybody has their problems in life and acne is ours. But yeah it's hard seeing these other girls my age with this gorgeous/flawless skin they don't even have to do anything to make it that way. They just walk around without a care while I stand there feeling like crap haha. Gosh acne is such a horrible little disease, it destroys people emotionally and physically. It just kills me how acne is not taken seriously like other diseases and that their isn't a cure yet. But anyways, yeah acne effects me every freaking day...

Hey, I know you probably get this a lot but I know EXACTLY how you feel. Earlier this year I got possibly the worst breakout I've ever had. It was really weird because it was just red marks all over my cheeks, and then some zits popped up too. It just looked so bad. Covering it up with makeup was so hard because my skin was really dry, so it just made my face look worse.

It took a couple months but my skin is acne free now and smooth. I still have some hyperpigmentation but it's fading gradually. All I can say is, just be patient because your condition WILL improve as long as you continue to combat it. I also recommend going to a derm instead of relying on products like proactiv, clean & clear etc. After I went to a derm, she prescribed me Monodox (antibiotics) and Epiduo (BP/adapalene lotion). I am 100% positive it's these products that improved my skin so much. Going to a derm and getting yourself evaluated will seriously do so much for you!

Hope you feel better. Know that you're not alone. xx

Hello there, yep know how ya feel unfortunately. I always hear about how like 70% of Americans get acne at some point in their life. Umm seriously? I never see anybody with acne. I go to the store with 100 people there and I am the only one with this problem. I pretty much ask myself everyday why me? But then I say why not me? I guess everybody has their problems in life and acne is ours. But yeah it's hard seeing these other girls my age with this gorgeous/flawless skin they don't even have to do anything to make it that way. They just walk around without a care while I stand there feeling like crap haha. Gosh acne is such a horrible little disease, it destroys people emotionally and physically. It just kills me how acne is not taken seriously like other diseases and that their isn't a cure yet. But anyways, yeah acne effects me every freaking day...

Actually the number is closer to 80-85% of Americans will experience Acne at some point of their lives. That includes people with very mild almost unnoticeable acne. We are just the unlucky minority who gets it worse than most everybody else.