Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Car3

My 30 Day No Picking Challenge

Okay--here we go! I've had acne since I was 12, 24 now, so half my life. I've tried to stop picking in the past, using visualization, but I've always fallen off the wagon. I have moderate acne, but lots of really terrible scars. Hopefully quitting the picking will clear up the acne and give my skin a break!

Goals:

No touching, picking, or popping my skin for 30 days. If I fail, I won't start over.

Rewards:

Less acne

Fewer potential scars

I will buy an awesome leather jacket!

Here's my strategy:

1. Keep a journal noting whenI get the urge to pick. I think it mostly happens when I'm alone and bored, I just subconsciously touch my face, but we'll see.

2. Visualization of my clear skin every night

3. Daily posts in this thread

4. When I get the urge to pick, I will instead make a fist and tell myself I have the willpower to stop!

5. I won't beat myself up when I fail.

6. I will take a picture every day, for myself, to see how I'm improving.

Yippie! Let's go!

Day 1: SUCCESS!

I scratched my eyebrow once unconsciously and brushed my face with the back of my hand to relieve a few itches, but that was it! Wo-hoo!!

Something I can't help but notice is that my face itches CONSTANTLY. It does not relent. I have no idea why it itches so bad, only that it does. Any thoughts on itching?

Day 2, feeling motivated. I think I can do this-Yippie!

Day 2

It's the end of day two and I did alright. I read the entirety of the "stoppickingonme" book/website, which was kinda fun. I recommend it. smile.png

I scratched a zit on my eyebrow today. I also went in to pop a pimple that opened up after I showered, but I managed to stop myself before I squeezed.

I've also rubbed my face a couple more times than I would have liked to today. So, not a perfect day, but still better than normal!

Well--Tomorrow's another day, and it will be my first one at work since starting the challenge. Let's see how it goes!

Edited by Car3

i join this! my rules for me are: only to properly pop whiteheads sometimes, is allowed, but no touching and regular picking crazy stuff. ok i start today

day 1

i join this! my rules for me are: only to properly pop whiteheads sometimes, is allowed, but no touching and regular picking crazy stuff. ok i start today

day 1

Yay! Go for it!

My day 3 was a bit of a bummer. I picked one white head and touched my face a few times throughout the day. I currently have a super painful cyst on my chin that is begging to be pricked with a needle, but I'm going to wait it out. Hopefully it just has a couple days left of life >.<

Something I've noticed is that I go in to pick when I'm feeling sad. That's no good! I'm going to try to keep myself more occupied and in a better mood, to thwart the temptation to pick.

Here it goes then, on to day 4-

wouldnt leaving it, increase chance to get scar though? personally id get rid of it, but if you apply something to reduce its size then i guess its right, idk. but yea lets do this

day 2

Day 4 was not so good.

I squeezed 3 whiteheads on my chin, one until it bled. This morning I have a two little scabs and another even bigger whitehead. I resolve to leave these alone today.

During my challenge I have not picked out any blackheads-woo-hoo! I used to spend so much time bending in front of the mirror to squeeze out blackheads no one else could see--I hope I can keep up my good work!

I'm going on a trip this weekend, so I won't be able to post until next week, but I hope that doesn't encourage me to slip back into old habits. Hopefully some relaxation will be good.

Day 16

Ack! Well I haven't been doing a good job at posting HOWEVER! I am doing an alright job at not picking. I'm still touching my face more than I want to, but I'm not going in nails-first and causing my skin to bleed.

Resolving and talking about it with my partner has been really helpful. Really he hasn't done anything, but I feel motivated knowing that I talked to someone else about it and it's not just my secret challenge. Going forward I'm going to try incidentally touching my skin less during the day.

Since starting, my skin has begun itching much less. I think the itchiness must be at least somewhat psychological.

Okay, here we go again!

Why not start all over if it is a 30 day challenge? :X What's the point of this then. ha ha

Edited by EddieE