Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm currently 21 and I have had acne since the age of 14.

Can you guys tell me what I can do about this.... and can you tell me how severe my acne is?

Currently, I'm using the cleanser, BP every morning and night, and AHA at night. I've been taking oxytetracycline for 2 months but as you can see, its not working very well... I've been getting whiteheads constantly around my mouth for 2 weeks, sometimes i can feel one or two are a bit itchy. Usually i use BP and the whiteheads would just slowly go away but, a new one keeps popping up! Also i have very oily skin, and get marks very easily....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/20120501191554.jpg/ Heres a picture. This is under a light so the marks are darker in reality.

I dont know what to do and feel this persistent acne can only be rid of through accutane...

Hi, before you jump on the accutane train, have you thought of visiting a derm and trying retinoids? our acne is similar (though mine is centered usually around my mouth/chin area). Your acne looks mild/moderate with some scarring. There are many options with retinoids. They clear out the pores and keep them clear though this seems to take forever (i am 3 months in and STILL breaking out....sigh). Check out the retinoid logs and see other people's experience, it is definitely worth a shot.

On a side note, it may be worth mentioning that some people on this site has benefited from changing diet and cutting out certain foods (dairy, gluten, etc). The holistic logs can give you more information

Good Luck!