Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The sun is great, I enjoy walking under the sun with its warming embrace. However, acne has ruined another one of those perks in life i guess. The light outlines and highlights all those scars and pigmentations on my face and it makes me look like a monster, so i tend to hide in the shadows where people can't see the mess my face has become. Does anyone else have this problem? This summer is definetly going to be a nightmare for me. >.>

Yea it's gorgeous outside and I have to go to work but I'm so tempted to call in sick just so I can avoid the sun >_<

The sun is great, I enjoy walking under the sun with its warming embrace. However, acne has ruined another one of those perks in life i guess. The light outlines and highlights all those scars and pigmentations on my face and it makes me look like a monster, so i tend to hide in the shadows where people can't see the mess my face has become. Does anyone else have this problem? This summer is definetly going to be a nightmare for me. >.>

The sun is extremely good for you. It's almost like a therapy. It's where you get your vitamin D. You should get at least 10 minuntes of sun exposure a day. If you have any hiking trails, a nice peaceful hike in the wilderness is almost like getting high teehee.gif .

Edited by overfl00d

Yeah summer is the worst time. It feels great to go out and soak up the sun when there's not many people around but when you're around people it's worse. All the guys walking around with their tops off not having to worry about it. The worst though is all the girls lol, all the hot women who you never see for the rest of the year who suddenley appear when it's sunny, the ones who walk by you like you don't exist and are completley invisible. I look forward to summer but dread it at the same time.

Forget about it - you might as well just go out and enjoy it. Even if you don't feel so good about your skin, feeling that way but being out in the fresh air must surely be better than feeling that way and hiding indoors all the time! :)

I suppose i should go out, but i've been told that the sun makes the marks even worse. i don't really wanna risk it, it's bad enough already :(

HAHAHHA I know how you feel!

So many people say, "OMG nice weather out! I'm taking a stroll! Laaa dee daaa!"

No gurl, I ain't stayin' out, nuh-uh!

I just slab a bunch of makeup on :\ Then look cakey and I'm still miserable. There really is no winning with acne.

......soo true........it's summer here in the Philippines and i'm like a vampire......well not really... i'm always in all day and all night.........when i feel brave i go out to the mall and just stroll around or people watch...........

It's summer in the UK, so i'm gonna be going out alot less because of my acne :( I currently just finished one exam and there's 2 more to go. So i guess this week is kinda occupied however, after the exams all my friends will be asking me to come out and I don't want to be rude and decline them. It's gonna be a horrible summer this year

Does anyone close all their curtains at home aswell just to avoid the natural light shining through? I get told off ALL the time at home for making it look so miserable when the sun is shining so bright blahblah we don't need indoor light Erm hello! Don't u kno how evil the sun is!? I love the sun but it's a love hate relationship

Haha i know what u mean, the sunshine feels so amazing and it makes life so much more pleasant. But, it can be the complete opposite too, the sun shows clearly the scars, pimples and red marks that are sometimes make it too much to bare. Seems a bit simplistic but I dream of standing under the sun without feeling so self conscious about myself.

yes i know this feeling.

I'm always happy when the sun doesn't shine.

But i am a female, they can wear make up, males can't really... No that isn't true... Ofcourse they can! But most of them don't want that.

Don't give up.

I feel like when its cloudy, like when the sky is covered with greyish clouds everywhere, my PIH looks a lot worse and acne looks purple almost. Sun or cloudy, I hate it

yes i know this feeling.

I'm always happy when the sun doesn't shine.

But i am a female, they can wear make up, males can't really... No that isn't true... Ofcourse they can! But most of them don't want that.

Don't give up.

Haha guys find it more embarrasing to wear make up than have a face full of acne sad.png I don't wear make up for the same reason so the sun lights up the red marks on my face like poka dots :/

Edited by masterwong888

I love how the sun reveals all your scars that were not noticeable at all other than being in the sun.

Edited by EddieE

I love how the sun reveals all your scars that were not noticeable at all other than being in the sun.

I know what u mean, most days when ur out of the sun and in front of the mirror u feel that it's improving and that it doesnt look that bad. But, once the sun comes up and the room fills with natural light u feel like nothings changed...

While not related to acne, I have some fairly atrocious stretch marks on my arms that almost seem to shimmer in the light. They may bother me even more so than my body acne does, but unlike acne, there are very few valid treatments for stretch marks, and most of them aren't as effective as they would have you believe. Especially when it comes to older stretch marks.

I used to dread daylight/sunlight not like to look at people,shy away. I would even go to great lengths to keep my light off in my car at night even if i was trying to do something or looking for something making it difficult to do because i could't see good, if i was with someone. I use to only want dark, shade. Now I prefer the light and face everyone and everything head on. I do what makes ME comfortable now, don't make myself struggle for ANYONE.

I'm so glad I've seen this post! I havent used this website for a while but have been feeling incredibly low recently so wanted a bit of support. I've always felt like a bit of a freak when I look at the window, see sunshine, then panic. It literally ruins my day- I worry what my skin will look like in the natural lighting, how badly will I sweat and will this smudge off my makeup.

So glad to come on here and realise I'm not the only one with these worries!