Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omarcomin

People Who Deal With Acne And Never Go Out, How Do You Deal With The Boredom?

One thng i was really suprised by when i joined this site is how many young people there are like me who just can't face going out and spend days, weeks or months at a time stuck indoors. I go out about once every few weeks and i was wondering how everyone else deals with the boredom of being stuck inside day after dull ass day. Up until recently i used food as a comfort and a way to temporarily relieve some boredom and also alcohol so now as well as having acne i am now HUGGGGGE as well. I watch dvd's of my favorite tv shows and read and play video games but that dosen't relieve the boredom for long. I would love to go out and get a job but i don't know if i could while i'm like this, i had a job about a year ago but quit it because of how i felt about being around people and also because i was getting a lot of comments off my co workers about my acne which made the days even harder.

Sometimes i feel like a prisoner in solitary confinement but in my own mind, i could walk out the door any time i wanted to but can't bring myself to do it. At times i feel like i'm melting down! How do you deal with the boredom and frustration of being stuck in your house all day?

Edited by omarcomin

Hi, i experience the same feelings from time to time. I try to do things i love. I LOVE writing so i do a lot of that. i also watch my favorite shows and call/email friends. As for you not working - i was on the verge of quitting my job due to how much anxiety i experienced due to my acne....thankfully i didn't and it helps me stay busy during the day doing something i enjoy.

Maybe you can volunteer if you do not want to work. People in worse situations than us will not care about your outside, only about your big heart within. Also, maybe you could find a job doing something you enjoy - when you love what you do, you'll focus your energies on that.

I highly recommend the book The Happiness Makeover by M.J. Ryan...it has helped me to begin to see that there is so much more to life than acne and that we as people have the power to make ourselves happy in spite of circumstances.

Good Luck with your journey and know that you are not alone.....we all go through this in one form or the other

Wow same for me in most ways, but staying inside is not the best thing to do. It's really lovely outside today and where do i find myself? Stuck in the house!

My goal is not to keep finding ways to deal with the boredom and frustration of being inside the house i think that is something that comes naturally for me.I'm tired of it! I'm more so focus on how not to be this way and believe me i know it's hard.Why can't i just go outside and face the world with my acne? Why do i stay inside and know that this only create more problems for me? Constant questions i ask myself......... i do try and it's still something im working on.

Excersise! Working out/running always makes me feel good, you release good chemicals into your body when you do, and when this happens you think more clear and are generally more happy. your body even starts toning up and that itself is Alot of encouragement! It might help with the acne also.

I'm soo lonely, it's a friday night and I choose to not go out because my skin looks horrible and disgusting. Even if I did want to go out I wouldn't have a great selection of people to hangout with after years of cutting contact with people. My phone rarely beeps anymore.

I usually watch tv and try to be entertained so that I don't feel too lonly. I also work towards something like working out, so I keep my figure. And I plan on what I'm going to do to improve my appearance and just day dream about the day that I look the way I want to look. Right now I just feel like I am living in the past and my life starts when I am beautiful. I just research online about surgeries and things to make me look better and make dates in my calendar for when I'm getting a certain surgery done or when my hair will be the appropriate length etc.

I just spend most of my time researching online about how to improve my appearance. And having a job really helps you not get bored.

Second on the exercise. No matter how painful my acne is, I force myself to go to the gym without makeup. After a good sweat, I feel AMAZING, and even my fiance comments on how glow-y my skin looks. Exercise increases circulation and releases toxins through the skin. It elevates your mood. It will improve your body image. Try it. You have NOTHING to lose. If you hate gyms, exercise outside or in your room. Get a jump rope. :D

browsing different forums. playing games

edit: lol, how did i forget weights

Edited by SamIman

I can relate. I've actually been trying to get out of the house more and have actually applied for a couple of jobs. Hopefully I hear back from at least one of them so I can get a job and be outside of the house pretty much every day. The part where you said your co workers would talk about your acne really worries me though about getting a job.

It does get boring just staying at the house though. It gets really boring actually.

I can relate. I've actually been trying to get out of the house more and have actually applied for a couple of jobs. Hopefully I hear back from at least one of them so I can get a job and be outside of the house pretty much every day. The part where you said your co workers would talk about your acne really worries me though about getting a job.

It does get boring just staying at the house though. It gets really boring actually.

Don't let that deter you from getting a job. They were just idiots anyway but i was weak and let them win and now i'm paying the price. I was also quiet and kept my head down trying not to get notced which probably made me stand out even more,

I just play games on PC or learn more healthy recipes and make them. I am trying to quit gaming though, but I really want Diablo 3 which I might order it biggrin.png

I'm also waiting for the new counter-strike. Since summer is so close, I plan to cycle a lot and get fresh air and sun for vitamin D

Edited by EddieE

I used to do this. I'm getting better at going out even when I look like poop :3 I second the poster who suggested volunteering. I started doing this so I'd get out the house more and it's been such a great experience. The people there are so nice and you feel like you've achieved something with your day which is a great feeling :)

^ Good idea. I am going to see if I can volunteer. I want to go out more!! It is nice outside! I wanted to go cycling, but I have to spend the weekends studying for the finals on Monday.

cook

clean

do the laundry,

take a bath,

watch movies,

read books, encyclopedias, dictionary, magazines (usually just TIME mag coz fashion magazines makes me want to kill myself),

jumping jacks,

crunches,

sleep,

play with my dog,

run around the house like crazy,

cry,

watch european football,

laugh,

go up and down the stairs

sleep again,

log here,

cook, eat,

eat,

bath again,

watch european football

watch Martha stewart and/or Bob's burgers

sleep some more

and then do it over and over again in random order!!!!!

I played a ton of video games and watched tv and movies, but that type of existence starts to get unfufilling after awhile. Im trying to start getting out of my apartment more, but after years of isolating myself it's proving difficult to do for me. Ive got social anxiety which I need to overcome as well.

dude, most of times im too occupied with being depressed, angry, as well as exploring variety of other disorders to be bored and frustrated :/ but you can try internet?

i really do wonder sometimes though, are you people just leisure in your room like that? who actually lets you do THAT? 8/ :L

There's actually a lot to do indoors if you have the right mindset. It's nice to be out and about, but sometimes you can have just as much fun staying in too. Cooking, eating, watching movies, listening to music, yoga, meditation, read a good book, play with electronics, social network, surf interests online, play with pets, renovate your rooms, just relax in bed, talk on the phone, clean up, draw, write letters, light workouts, etc.

Your home doesn't have to feel like a prison. Just don't spend your time sulking around wishing you were somewhere else and you should be fine.

^ well lucky. because i for example, everywhere i am, my mom drags along right away x_x i dont seem to have my personal place even in my room, so might as well actually go out >_> but then theres stinky acne thing, and you need cash to fix it, you need job to get cash, you need confidence to get job, you need clear skin to get confidence. stupid cycle. strongsad.gif