Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bytheway1993

Quick Background Info

Sorry, but this is quite a long post

Too cut a long story short.... I first started getting acne at the age of 14, at first like most people, I thought nothing of it an proceeded like normal. All of a sudden a year later it started getting worse, at this time I resulted to the usual face washes. I did this for a couple of months and as expected little happened. It was then I looked online for a cure and found this site, I gave it a try and quickly quit after a week, mainly because the last thing you want is strolling around school with a bright red face that looks sunburnt.

I left it all the way up till 17 until I left school and at this time my face was really bad, so once again I went on the regimen but only doing it once a day in the evening. I did this for around 1 year, it did admittedly clear nearly all my right cheek, 90% of my forehead, probably 60% of my left cheek and my chin was still really bad. I stopped the regimen for 2 months near the beginning of this year up until mid February. However, upon quitting I noticed that it was starting to get worse, so once again I went back on the regimen doing it only once a day in the evening. Again I noticed it only slowed things down and Id still break out. I proceeded doing it once again up the end of April.

I remember lying in bed and thinking what it would be like to have clear skin, so I was determined to do the regimen properly start from scratch. Before I start here are a few points of what I previously did.

1. Previously I had only ever done my cheeks and chin when doing the regimen

2. I never used moisturizer in the previous attempts

First Week

In my first week of March 2012, I started doing the regimen twice a day - Cleanse - Treatment - Moisturize(W/ Jojoba Oil).

Questions

Its coming up to 2 weeks since I have been doing the regimen properly twice a day, and I have noticed that I am breaking out on my forehead and on my nose. So my questiosn are -

1) My forehead and nose have only been just being treated with BP, and ive noticed that im starting to break out in these areas, but previously ive never had much of an issue in those areas. Is this due to them being new to the BP

2) The redness doesn't really bother me considering people are used to seeing it, the flakiness is all under control. But I cant stand how tight my face feel before I apply the moisturizer. Is there a way to improve that or will it just improve in time?

3) Is the moisturizer I am currently using alright? See Below for ingredients

My Regimen

- Cleanse using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

- Wait 10 minutes

- Apply BP

- Wait 15 minutes

- Apply Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser (W/6 drops of Jojoba Oil)

Moisturizer

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Pantolactone, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Allantoin. Simple Skincare contains no animal derived ingredients.

There the list of ingredients.

Thank for the read, sorry for any mistakes and Ill be sure to make a log within the next couple of days. Cheers people.

Edited by Bytheway1993