Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I Be Worried To Use Accutane?

Hi,

so i had very minor acne and was put on differin. 3 months after, my acne was worse than ever (i didnt stop because ppl say it's the intial breakout), but it never went away.. i developed cystic acne and still have a lot of bumps (which was my original problem).

so, my doc said.. only way to go is accutane.. -.-

anyways. i am very worried that since the topical retinoid only made my skin worse.. will oral retinoids make it even worse with no improvement?

damn i just dont want to risk breaking out everywhere.. i mean yea my cheeks are BAD now bc of differin.. but i dont want to breakout on places where it isnt breakout..

Topical retinoids made my skin worse, but accutane cleared me up. So, there's no real correlation there, I don't think.

You should research it just like you should research any drug or procedure. You need to decide yourself.

When I decided to go on it, it just felt 'right.' I knew in my gut that it was the right thing for me and that it would be fine. And it was. I had no hesitation really because I was totally comfortable with the decision. You need to look into it, make sure you know everything, and then see how you feel about it.

Edited by Prettywords