Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peck

Accutane - 3 Months, No Result. Own Experiences Please!

So the title states, I'm 3 months into my treatment and my skin is no better than when I started. I was on 30mg for the first 6 weeks, and then 60mg since. Side-effects have been fairly mild - dryness and occasional back-ache is all really. Had a horrid IB in the first 2 weeks, but it died down quickly. Since then it's just been no better or worse than before the beginning. I'm frustrated and at times downright f*cked off. I know I need to be patient, but it' sooooo haarrrdddd. Anyone who is on 3 months or beyond who feels like sharing their experiences about when they FINALLY began to clear-up - please go ahead and post. Would help tremendously. Thanks! *concludes verbal rampage*

Hi, i have done 3 courses of accuatne and the clearing period can depend on the severity of your acne among other things. My first go around, i noticed improvement within 2 months. It is not unusual for some people to not clear till the 5th or 6th month. Accutane i believe works for most people as it targets the main factors that cause breakouts (oil production, etc). Long story short, there is no set timetable when you'll clear up but mostly than not you will. Try to not focus in it and let it do its thing. The positive side of things is that your acne is not getting worse.

Good Luck with treatment

i just started my 6th month today although my skin is no longer greasy i still have acne. im hoping i get clear soon!

i just started my 6th month today although my skin is no longer greasy i still have acne. im hoping i get clear soon!

Being on your 6 month, would you say that, although you're not completely clear, that your skin is still much better than it was? Or just as bad? Also what dosage?

my skin is much better... no more huge breakouts and a lot of the little bumps have cleared up but i still have a lot left. I took 40 mg for 1st month and 60 mg for the last five. only bad side effects ive had were chapped lips and hair got alot thinner, id say has been worth it but not the cure i had been hoping for.

im 130lb female, started on 40mg, saw immediate results, no more oil on face or hair, really had a glow!! There were some periods with no acne. at about the 2 month mark things slowed and I started getting more acne..and skin/hair became less dry. I just had my first cyst since starting accutane on Feb 28th 2012, which is a def improvement, normally I would have had MANY in that amount of time.. Derm upped me to 60mg because my body seems to have adjusted to the accutane..excited to see if that brings more improvement!