Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I HATE MY SKIN, everytime i think im getting better, BAM, new spots, they have ruined my life already, everyday i wake up, first thing i do is look in the mirror, yep, still spotty, so i avoid contact with anyone, i really really hate when i have to go to work, i work in a call centre so i try and get a seat away from everyone and try and be on my own, i always have this voice in my head, whenever i want to do anything that makes me happy, go out, get a kfc, whatever, that says 'you don't deserve it, spotty' and my sister has recently started calling me 'spottacular', i fucking despise my life and have to put on a face everyday so that no-one can see how i am really feeling, every night when i go to bed i just wish i wouldn't wake up, im nearly 20 years old, all the doctors just hit you with bullshit, and i see people that are bad and stupid people with clear skin and it really really makes me so angry, i feel full of rage all the time, then see girls posting pictures of themselves on facebook etc 'just been to mcdonalds' or whatever with perfect skin?, i hate living in this world, why can't it just be fair, its the main reason i don't believe in god, because to this point in my life i have done nothing wrong, never been bad to anyone and always try to be a good person, but lately i think, whats the point in being good, its getting me nowhere and this 'good deed' stuff, whats the point, all i can do is make other people feel good, but myself inside i feel like shit all the time, i just wish that i could go to sleep and not wake up and not have to face this world anymore with my disgrace of a face.

Hey, you are definitely not alone and will get by this rough time. I know acne is horrible and it can be extremely frustrating in many ways. I sometimes wonder why I have to deal with it while most people are just totally clear. I have been dealing with it on and off for quite some time and for some, only GOD knows, reason I am breaking out now worse than ever. I too avoid many social events and lose motivation in many things because of my acne. Waking up and dreading to look on the mirror. But I have been clear before so I will be clear again. You will as well. Be patient and try to figure out what works for you. Have you tried the regimen everyone uses here? Well, I just wanted to let you know you are definitely not alone in your fight against acne. All those feelings you described, many of us acne sufferers can relate to. Well good luck and believe me, everything will be ok. You will eventually find the right solution to treating your acne.

Well all i can say is , Your words have touched my heart ! , I'm very sorry that we are dealing with this emotions devastating disease ........

I feel your pain.....

We are not alone even if it feels like it all the time.

When I was a teen all I use to do was visualize myself without acne when I reached adulthood, like I can't wait till this bullshit goes away...

Now I’m an adult? Reached 20years? WhySoLong? Seriously!?!

When I was like 12years family members use to say it won't last long it goes away, that they had it once upon a time too...

It's like I’m the only one in my family who hasn't shaken this skin disorder in my teen years..

Yet they say "It gets better" all I can think is "when?" and "why?" does it has to last so longer for me "How" do I get rid of this? All I can do is TRY and HOPE it goes away, and really try my best not to let it keep me down "which it does most times" which cause me to think negative about life and just becomes more problems to deal with.

All I can say is "Maybe" someday it won’t be like this for "US" and "Hope" it gets better!

I HATE MY SKIN, everytime i think im getting better, BAM, new spots, they have ruined my life already, everyday i wake up, first thing i do is look in the mirror, yep, still spotty, so i avoid contact with anyone, i really really hate when i have to go to work, i work in a call centre so i try and get a seat away from everyone and try and be on my own, i always have this voice in my head, whenever i want to do anything that makes me happy, go out, get a kfc, whatever, that says 'you don't deserve it, spotty' and my sister has recently started calling me 'spottacular', i fucking despise my life and have to put on a face everyday so that no-one can see how i am really feeling, every night when i go to bed i just wish i wouldn't wake up, im nearly 20 years old, all the doctors just hit you with bullshit, and i see people that are bad and stupid people with clear skin and it really really makes me so angry, i feel full of rage all the time, then see girls posting pictures of themselves on facebook etc 'just been to mcdonalds' or whatever with perfect skin?, i hate living in this world, why can't it just be fair, its the main reason i don't believe in god, because to this point in my life i have done nothing wrong, never been bad to anyone and always try to be a good person, but lately i think, whats the point in being good, its getting me nowhere and this 'good deed' stuff, whats the point, all i can do is make other people feel good, but myself inside i feel like shit all the time, i just wish that i could go to sleep and not wake up and not have to face this world anymore with my disgrace of a face.

I feel ya.,.

Maybe God can help you. I decided to just pray about it and not do anything else, and it worked. My skin has never been better, I'm almost clear. For real.

However, I know, most people won't believe me.

Acne is super complicated and there is a reason why you getting acne. Why?

Because you're allergic to something, have hormonal problems, have some kind of bacterial problems, bad digestion , too much stress, and I can go on and on...

The important thing is...trying to find what's cousing your acne. You have to commit to curing yourself. That's another way to do it.

Maybe God can help you. I decided to just pray about it and not do anything else, and it worked. My skin has never been better, I'm almost clear. For real.

Because you're allergic to something, have hormonal problems, have some kind of bacterial problems, bad digestion , too much stress, and I can go on and on...

The important thing is...trying to find what's cousing your acne. You have to commit to curing yourself. That's another way to do it.

God will not help you (or didn't help you) with your acne. Believe me, I've prayed too. He didn't (doesn't) listen. You probably just found the right treatment and it worked for you. Nothing to do with God.

God will not help you (or didn't help you) with your acne. Believe me, I've prayed too. He didn't (doesn't) listen. You probably just found the right treatment and it worked for you. Nothing to do with God.

Are you sure?

I feel like my prayers get answered.

Lets not turn this topic around into religion please :) But ur question was why? and mine is why not? Statistically 1/10 people have mild-moderate acne and only a small portion of them have severe acne, i'm one of the unlucky ones, but what can you do but live with it? It's by chance that either ur genetics or that your diet/stress is causing u to break out. Don't worry it's not the end of the world, acne can be treated albeit it will take perserverance and time for it to fade away, Accutane, Anti-biotics, Retinoids, natural remedies, there are many treatments out there and if you stick with one of them for long enough you will definetly clear up. So in the mean-time just sit back, think positive and smile :D

Stephen, it sucks that you feel that way - we all do at some point in time. But don't let it stop you from being the awesome person that you are. Every time you feel like your acne is giving you grief, do something nice for someone else ( a phone call/email), do something you truly enjoy (for me its writing but for you it may be blasting your music loud or playing sports) and thirdly, recognize that your acne is not your fault - it just is -same as someone born with a genetic disorder or children getting cancer. Don't waste your energy questioning why because it won't change the outcome of how you feel.

Take a deep breath and realize that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! You have people on this board that will be here to help you as you try to find something that works for you. What regimen are you on? Seek treatment and begin the trial and error process. You'll be surprised all the things you'll learn about yourself through this journey

I highly recommend the book

The Happiness Makeover by MJ Ryan - it has helped me alot s i go through my own acne struggles. I get down ALOT but it helps me keep things in perspective

Good Luck to you!