Notifications
Clear all

Don't Proactive Commercials Just Piss You Off

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/10/2012 11:57 pm

All these new commercials are so fuckin annoying. I tried that shit made my face 5x worse. Then stupid ass people tell me to try it cause they saw the commercial and of course everything on tv works like a charm. People are manipulated by these advertisements which is just pure business it's fuckin disgusting. They are making business with our faces by giving us all this shit that doesn't work.they really don't give a fuck about us they just want are fuckin

money.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/11/2012 12:19 am

YES!! the proactiv ads really do annoy me!!!

mainly because they're like 'this will work' and I know it didn't work for me. And they use celebrities who had hardly any acne to begin with... I tried it years ago then stopped after about a year or two of it because it wasn't working well enough and was irritating my skin then about 6 months ago I purchased it again because of their marketing saying it had a 'new formula' - irritated the hell out of my skin. sent it back and got my money back - but they were really reluctant to refund - trying to tell me it was the way I used it that meant it didn't work for me - but I followed how they said...

maybe it does work for people with really light acne but sure did nothing for me.

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 05/11/2012 6:16 am

I used it maybe five or six years ago. Well, it took me about thirty seconds to realise the treatment and so on was way too harsh for my skin, but I liked the scrub. That was the best exfoliating wash I've used and because I was using it maybe once a week, the bottle last for ages.

Aside from that, it annoys me how they market it as some kind of sure-fire miracle fix. Not forgetting the fact that the person demonstrating it always seems to have impossibly perfect skin anyway! Plus there's always someone close by who decides to be smart about it and shouts, "Maybe you should get some of that!"

MemberMember
(@soysauce)

Posted : 05/11/2012 8:09 am

Yes I hate it! It's just a huge marketing scheme, plus they come on every commercial break. And that awkward silence always falls when it comes on

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/11/2012 8:30 am

It would really piss me off if someone in the room ever said "hey you should try that stuff" when a commercial came on.

Actually, celebrity endorsement pisses me off when you know they dont use th e products more than once. Most people like Justin Beiber and Britney Spears have almost non existant acne and they likely get extravagant treatments like light laser, microdermabrasian and god knows what else, because they can afford it and they have personal aesthetiticans whose job it is to take care of their skin, and nutritionalists too. So saying "proactive fixed my acne" while using other stuff especially accutane, is just plain dishonest.

mainly because they're like 'this will work' and I know it didn't work for me. And they use celebrities who had hardly any acne to begin with... I tried it years ago then stopped after about a year or two of it because it wasn't working well enough and was irritating my skin then about 6 months ago I purchased it again because of their marketing saying it had a 'new formula' - irritated the hell out of my skin. sent it back and got my money back - but they were really reluctant to refund - trying to tell me it was the way I used it that meant it didn't work for me - but I followed how they said...

maybe it does work for people with really light acne but sure did nothing for me.

exactly it works on LIGHT acne. If youre lucky. lol

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/11/2012 8:33 am

Well I can't say I've ever tried pro-active, so I can't say much in that respect. HOWEVER, it really does urk me that the majority of the non-acne sufferers that I've encountered, are always the ones to recommend that I use pro-active neutral.gif . Their adverts lead all the ignorant people to believe that Pro-active is a sure-fire way to eliminate acne. So when people saw me with acne, I'm sure they assumed that I just didn't care enough to buy the almighty pro-active eusa_pray.gif ......yeah >_>

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 05/11/2012 11:32 am

Proactiv worked for me, but I refused to use it for the rest of my life and also decided not to to apply chemicals on my face.

I was clear when I stopped using BP. I started to break out badly.. probably worse than ever. I am treating it naturally and hopefully I stop breaking out soon. smile.png No matter what happens, I won't return to BP.

MemberMember
(@walktall)

Posted : 05/11/2012 1:56 pm

What's wrong with BP?

MemberMember
(@soysauce)

Posted : 05/11/2012 2:38 pm

What's wrong with BP?

It's very damaging to the skin, it may work on some but at the price of putting your skin through hell. It's just going to make long term damage in the longrun.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 05/11/2012 4:03 pm

every acne or skin care commercials pisses me the fuck off.

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 05/11/2012 4:08 pm

Meh its not too bad...

MemberMember
(@omarcomin)

Posted : 05/11/2012 5:52 pm

Personally i find BP works wonders with an a few individual spots, if i have a bad spot i just put some BP on it and it's gone within a day or two but if i use it all over my face then it reacts terribly, my face will look severley sunburned.

As for the all the acne commercials, they piss me off as well. They are all filled with perfect skinned models. There is a free derm commercial that they run here in the uk and one of the guys featured in it was in a documentary on tv last year that followed models all over the world, so he was literally a model who worked all over the world and not a regular person battling acne. I also hate how clearsil and freederm advertise that it fights 'spots' and 'acne' when what they really mean is 'fights the odd pimple here and there on a teenager with otherwise flawless skin'

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 05/11/2012 6:03 pm

What's wrong with BP?

BP is bad for skin. It is either use BP for the rest of your life to remain clear or let it all out and treat it naturally.. by eating healthy and applying natural products on skin.

That way, scars won't be bad and redness will heal faster if you eat healthy and apply natural products, like aloe vera, etc

What's wrong with BP?

It's very damaging to the skin, it may work on some but at the price of putting your skin through hell. It's just going to make long term damage in the longrun.

Yeah, not worth it! That's why I stopped using BP. I am glad I did. My skin got worse since I stopped, but that's normal. I saw this a lot and they said they got clear after breaking out a lot... they don't get acne anymore since they went into a healthy lifestyle which they got rid of all toxins. I was so clear when I was on BP. I stopped applying BP when I was completely clear. I did expected to break out.. it took 2 months to break out.. I saw a person who did the same and got worse 2-3 months later.. then she got clear for good. She did applied natural products on skin and started eating healthier.

MemberMember
(@poi6)

Posted : 05/11/2012 6:10 pm

What's wrong with BP?

BP is bad for skin. It is either use BP for the rest of your life to remain clear or let it all out and treat it naturally.. by eating healthy and applying natural products on skin.

That way, scars won't be bad and redness will heal faster if you eat healthy and apply natural products, like aloe vera, etc

What's wrong with BP?

Yeah, not worth it! That's why I stopped using BP. I am glad I did. My skin got worse since I stopped, but that's normal. I saw this a lot and they said they got clear after breaking out a lot... they don't get acne anymore since they went into a healthy lifestyle which they got rid of all toxins. I was so clear when I was on BP. I stopped applying BP when I was completely clear. I did expected to break out.. it took 2 months to break out.. I saw a person who did the same and got worse 2-3 months later.. then she got clear for good. She did applied natural products on skin and started eating healthier.

Hell if drain cleaner cured acne I would put it on my face..... lolololol

MemberMember
(@whysolong)

Posted : 05/11/2012 6:19 pm

Proactive only worked for my face up to 6 months, then after that I notice constant breakouts so I stopped using the stuff. When I went completely off proactive my face started breaking out more than ever and left very bad scaring. It's so awkward when I see that commercial especially when watching a movie with a room full of people, BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH HORRIBABLE ACNE IN THE ROOM "Remind you theTelvision is extremely LOUD" then every damn commercial break I have to hear about PROACTIVE! All I can do is just sit there and think about how it didn't work for me and how worst off it made my skin. Of course listen to the comments/advice that people who have flawless skin give on how I should give proactive a try..............then I explain I™ve tried it and blah blah blah.....

Acne sucks! Especially when you™ve had it for so long sleep.png

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 05/11/2012 7:03 pm

Proactive only worked for my face up to 6 months, then after that I notice constant breakouts so I stopped using the stuff. When I went completely off proactive my face started breaking out more than ever and left very bad scaring. It's so awkward when I see that commercial especially when watching a movie with a room full of people, BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH HORRIBABLE ACNE IN THE ROOM "Remind you theTelvision is extremely LOUD" then every damn commercial break I have to hear about PROACTIVE! All I can do is just sit there and think about how it didn't work for me and how worst off it made my skin. Of course listen to the comments/advice that people who have flawless skin give on how I should give proactive a try..............then I explain I™ve tried it and blah blah blah.....

Shoulda kept using it! It took like a year to see the results I wanted from BP. :X I know, so long. After a year of BP, I only broke out with 2-3 zits every week or two, but small. It got worse than ever when I stopped using BP. I hope eating raw foods and applying natural products on my skin won't make my scars bad.

I really don't want bad scars. My scars wasn't bad at all, but I am getting more :(

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/11/2012 7:16 pm

I hope eating raw foods and applying natural products on my skin won't make my scars bad.

I really don't want bad scars. My scars wasn't bad at all, but I am getting more sad.png

What sort of scarring is it? If you're interested in natural products - have you tried using manuka honey before? I've been using it and I think it is helping to fade the reddish hyperpigmentation marks I have from previous acne. It works slowly but I think it is helping. Don't know how it works on other types of scarring. Maybe manuka honey is something you could look into to see if it works for you.

haha I agree!!

yeah I know the feeling. being the only one there with bad skin and sitting with friends waiting for the ad to end. It's awkward. Even worse when you do have to say 'I've tried the stuff...'

Ughh

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 05/11/2012 7:20 pm

I hope eating raw foods and applying natural products on my skin won't make my scars bad.

I really don't want bad scars. My scars wasn't bad at all, but I am getting more sad.png

What sort of scarring is it? If you're interested in natural products - have you tried using manuka honey before? I've been using it and I think it is helping to fade the reddish hyperpigmentation marks I have from previous acne. It works slowly but I think it is helping. Don't know how it works on other types of scarring. Maybe manuka honey is something you could look into to see if it works for you.

haha I agree!!

yeah I know the feeling. being the only one there with bad skin and sitting with friends waiting for the ad to end. It's awkward. Even worse when you do have to say 'I've tried the stuff...'

Ughh

I'm a vegan, so can't use honey :(. Is it honey from bees or?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 05/11/2012 7:29 pm

I'm a vegan, so can't use honey sad.png. Is it honey from bees or?

Oh I didn't realise that sorry! But yeah the bees make the honey so I guess it's not for you then

Hopefully you'll find something else soon that you can use and will work :)

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/12/2012 12:04 am

It should be called Pro-Acne, an acne treatment that keeps your skin acne prone! Lol.

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 05/16/2012 10:14 am

I hate procative -___-

MemberMember
(@typelogin)

Posted : 05/16/2012 11:34 am

All these new commercials are so fuckin annoying. Then stupid ass people tell me to try it cause they saw the commercial and of course everything on tv works like a charm. People are manipulated by these advertisements which is just pure business it's fuckin disgusting. They are making business with our faces by giving us all this shit that doesn't work.they really don't give a fuck about us they just want are fuckin

money.

Yes I hate it! It's just a huge marketing scheme, plus they come on every commercial break.

is just plain dishonest.

+1

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 05/16/2012 11:56 am

Haha, love this topic

Aren't they proper awkward to sit through as well! And everyones like 'you should just use that, that'd fix your skin' and I'm there like 'eusa_hand.gif Dude you have no idea what you are talking about'

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 05/18/2012 4:16 am

I remember the part where they featurrd Justin Bieber and his story on acne.. lol really? Nothing like the power of media celebrities!

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 05/26/2012 8:06 pm

When I was younger there was an informercial on BET for Edgar Morris skin care system..(this was long before Proactiv) I just remember beaufiful Lynn Whitfield was in the commercial. Needless to say my parents brought it for me...every day they "marveled" at how my skin was clearing up. UGH. who the heck wants that to be the main topic of discussion every day ???? Not to mention that the product never actually worked.