Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acowles

Did Retin-A Mess Me Up?

I had like no acne when I started using retin-a. But I was an insecure and I did the dumbest thing and started using it. I used it for about a year until a couple months ago.

I stopped using it because I felt my skin was the same (just added redness) and...

my face is covered in acne. EVERYWHERE.

do you think the retin-a messed up my skin..forever?

i regret ever using it! i should have listened to my mom and realized i had beautiful skin. i should have ignored the literally 2 spots i had on my face..:(

ur in the purging stage, its supposed to get worse then better, hang in there, but if you had like no acne, you shouldnt be using such harsh products.

My acne never got better on retin-a. I think if your skin gets a lot worse on it, especially if its been over 2 months, it may never work for you. JMO based on my experience. A purging is usually not big cysts, but acne that comes, isn't too inflammatory, and leaves fairly quickly.

ur in the purging stage, its supposed to get worse then better, hang in there, but if you had like no acne, you shouldnt be using such harsh products.

1.) how could i have been in the purging stage after a YEAR of using it? 2.) i know, i know...i shouldn't have started using it

My acne never got better on retin-a. I think if your skin gets a lot worse on it, especially if its been over 2 months, it may never work for you. JMO based on my experience. A purging is usually not big cysts, but acne that comes, isn't too inflammatory, and leaves fairly quickly.

i used it for a year and didn't have any problems. i decided to stop using it and...yeah. horrible ending result! :(

its not going to stay like that forever but you should have never used it in the first place thats a strong medication, its not suppose to be used on non infected skin. You might have to get on antibiotics to take down the inflammation.

its not going to stay like that forever but you should have never used it in the first place thats a strong medication, its not suppose to be used on non infected skin. You might have to get on antibiotics to take down the inflammation.

i hope it won't come to that. :( im gonna wait until the end of school (which is in about a month) and see if it's any better with my new routine. if not, ill see a dermatologist during summer break. :/