Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Birthday To Meee! Time For Accutaneee!

Day 9

You guys...I am sooooo so so so tired. I hate it because I am usually a very energetic person. All I could manage to do today was laundry, cook breakfast and lunch, work on my thesis, and watch Game of Thrones. Ok, so maybe that is a lot...I guess I just feel weird not leaving the house and having a hard time peeling my body off of the bed.

Is it normal to feel this tired during the first few weeks? It's not depression. It's just like...fatigue in my mind and muscles.

The good news is that my dry eyes are getting better after using GenTeal liquid gel drops for Moderate to Severe Eyes.

The best news is how rapidly my skin is clearing! Yes, I still have under the skin bumps, but it's friggin' unbelievable compared to only 9 or 10 days ago. Here are some photos of how it looked this morning with only light mineral powder on. No foundation. Whoohoo!!

I'm supremely hoping I have already skipped the I.B. and it's just further clearing of chin and forehead cysts. You can't see them from the photos too well, but there are about 4 cysts lurking in different places. Evil lurkers! Hahaha

How are you guys? Are you keeping your energy up? Even drinking tea and eating chocolate makes me feel tired. Maybe I should just rest and not worry about it? Force myself to go to the gym? Blargh.

Edited by Guest

YOU LOOK SO GOOD!! I'm glad you've seen such a drastic improvement in a few days!

For the first week or so, I was DEAD. Sleeping 9 hours a night and still felt dead throughout the day. I think this is normal!

Hey Gina,

I'm feeling knackered too and I'm only on Day 7 also I seemed to have the same issue with both a Cetephil moisturiser I used and another one I had hanging around in my cupboard, now I'm using Eucerin Aquaphor soothing balm. It's actually a balm rather then a cream and so far so good with that one.

Don't know about over in Seattle but I know good ol Boots gave me a free sample before I bought it so maybe give it a go =) xx

YOU LOOK SO GOOD!! I'm glad you've seen such a drastic improvement in a few days!

For the first week or so, I was DEAD. Sleeping 9 hours a night and still felt dead throughout the day. I think this is normal!

Thanks, girl! I'm really happy with the results so far, too. It's insane. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels dead. I liked your coke comment on FB. Haha totally caught me off-guard. Still, being tired sucks!!! I'm thinking of drinking like 6 cups of green tea a day just to get through this shiat. I can't afford to be brain dead because I'm almost done writing my thesis!

How far along are you now? Are you seeing results?

Hey Gina,

I'm feeling knackered too and I'm only on Day 7 also I seemed to have the same issue with both a Cetephil moisturiser I used and another one I had hanging around in my cupboard, now I'm using Eucerin Aquaphor soothing balm. It's actually a balm rather then a cream and so far so good with that one.

Don't know about over in Seattle but I know good ol Boots gave me a free sample before I bought it so maybe give it a go =) xx

Thanks for also confirming the extreme fatigue. :( I'm not sure I know which Eucerin moisturizer you're talking about. Is it this one? http://www.eucerin.com/en/product-finder/aquaphor-soothing-skin-balm/8c60115b37408705522df6a940a98d5c/

Says it's for hands and feet, but if you say it's awesome, I could try it. :) I might pick up a tube of Cetaphil moisturizing cream because I haven't tried Cetaphil yet. Although that burned you, I feel like most people say it's really gentle. A lot of people like the Cerave cream, but I hate moisturizers in a tub. They seem really unhygienic to me. If they put the Cerave cream in a tube or pump, I would definitely buy it.

Thanks, girl! I'm really happy with the results so far, too. It's insane. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels dead. I liked your coke comment on FB. Haha totally caught me off-guard. Still, being tired sucks!!! I'm thinking of drinking like 6 cups of green tea a day just to get through this shiat. I can't afford to be brain dead because I'm almost done writing my thesis!

Hey Gina,

Thanks for also confirming the extreme fatigue. :( I'm not sure I know which Eucerin moisturizer you're talking about. Is it this one? http://www.eucerin.com/en/product-finder/aquaphor-soothing-skin-balm/8c60115b37408705522df6a940a98d5c/

Says it's for hands and feet, but if you say it's awesome, I could try it. :) I might pick up a tube of Cetaphil moisturizing cream because I haven't tried Cetaphil yet. Although that burned you, I feel like most people say it's really gentle. A lot of people like the Cerave cream, but I hate moisturizers in a tub. They seem really unhygienic to me. If they put the Cerave cream in a tube or pump, I would definitely buy it.

That's the one, I think it's just suggesting it can be used in hands and feet but it does go in to say its non comodogenic and sensitive enough for baby's skin which is always a plus and before I bought it I read a load of reviews saying they use it as a moisturiser everywhere they can. All I can say is I washed my face when I got in today at about 6/7pm and it was feeling a little irritated and looked a tad red, I put that on and my skin still feels moisturised now, doesn't feel greasy and didn't burn. Everyones different but I guess I saw the whole 'regeneration and healing' claims and thought well thats what skin on accutane need, if it doesn't work in the long run then I'm sure it would be great for any eczema patches or flakes on hands etc :)

I'm off to bed now but talk to y'all tomorrow.

Glad it's going well for you Gina !!

Hey Gina,

Thanks for also confirming the extreme fatigue. sad.png I'm not sure I know which Eucerin moisturizer you're talking about. Is it this one? http://www.eucerin.c...2df6a940a98d5c/

Says it's for hands and feet, but if you say it's awesome, I could try it. smile.png I might pick up a tube of Cetaphil moisturizing cream because I haven't tried Cetaphil yet. Although that burned you, I feel like most people say it's really gentle. A lot of people like the Cerave cream, but I hate moisturizers in a tub. They seem really unhygienic to me. If they put the Cerave cream in a tube or pump, I would definitely buy it.

That's the one, I think it's just suggesting it can be used in hands and feet but it does go in to say its non comodogenic and sensitive enough for baby's skin which is always a plus and before I bought it I read a load of reviews saying they use it as a moisturiser everywhere they can. All I can say is I washed my face when I got in today at about 6/7pm and it was feeling a little irritated and looked a tad red, I put that on and my skin still feels moisturised now, doesn't feel greasy and didn't burn. Everyones different but I guess I saw the whole 'regeneration and healing' claims and thought well thats what skin on accutane need, if it doesn't work in the long run then I'm sure it would be great for any eczema patches or flakes on hands etc smile.png

I'm off to bed now but talk to y'all tomorrow.

Glad it's going well for you Gina !!

Thanks again! :)

WOW, you're clearing up so nicely! I'm so happy for you. :)

I can relate with the fatigue. I even took a nap today on a day off, and I'm still tired. Maybe I'm just being lazy though, haha.

Gina!!! You look awesome!! I am so happy you seem to be skipping the IB because it sucks. I can't complain too much because I do seem to be in a healing phase but all my current zits are from the IB, I onlyhad two healing ones on my face the day I took that first pill which made it so much harder when the breakout started but I'm glad I took that pill because now I'm committed to doing what I need to do to get clear skin.

I had my first derm appointment today since starting and she said I'm right on track and thinks I should stay at 40mg for one more month and then regroup depending on if I break out again or not (hopefully not!). She did give me a cortisone shot in the one on my jaw that is giving me some real trouble. I'm not sure it's going to work (and they always work for me) because it seems different than what I usually get but she did say it would go away in time. Healing is slow on Accutane so that's where the patience comes in - so hard to wait and only see tiny improvements every day. But it's all about improvement, right?! :) She did say my cholesterol and blood sugar were a little high but that she's not worried about it, it does that sometimes while you're body is getting used to the medication. I, of course, feel freaked out and immediately went on Doctor Oz's website to research what I can do to make it better, hahahahahahaha! She's the expert and I trust her so I just need to keep taking care of myself and try not to worry needlessly.

I haven't had the fatigue issue yet. I hope that gets better for you soon. My muscles seem a little more sore than normal when I work out but that could just be age too, haha. I do notice that as time goes on the side effects become more tolerable and less severe feeling. As for your moisturizer situation, that stinks. I am mostly using Cerave cream and Cerave night moisturizer but during the day I've also been using the replenishing moisturizer by Simple. It's a new skin care line at drug stores originally from the UK. It's nice with no "junk" (like parabens) in it and I've had no trouble with it.

I hope your skin keeps clearing!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted.

WOW, you're clearing up so nicely! I'm so happy for you. smile.png

I can relate with the fatigue. I even took a nap today on a day off, and I'm still tired. Maybe I'm just being lazy though, haha.

Thanks, Katie! :D Haha I don't think you're being lazy. That was my first thought, because it's my day off from school as well. I was so fed up with my lazy butt that I went to the gym for about 35 minutes of light cardio and stretching. Nothing intense, but it really helped perk me up. The fatigue was putting me in a weird state of feeling helpless for some reason. I think I just didn't like the way the medicine was making me feel, but then I realized that I can change that.

Still, do what feels good and rest up! Enjoy your weekend. :)

Guest *Spiro*

Holy shit! Let me say it again holy shit you are looking amazing! I am jealous!!! You are clearing up wonderfully, seriously such a improvement. The best I have seen. In such a short amount of time you are going to be as clear and smooth as a babies behind before you know it! Amazing stuff. Makes you wonder why the hell we all waited so long right? Congratulations seriously that is awesome progress. WOW

Holy shit! Let me say it again holy shit you are looking amazing! I am jealous!!! You are clearing up wonderfully, seriously such a improvement. The best I have seen. In such a short amount of time you are going to be as clear and smooth as a babies behind before you know it! Amazing stuff. Makes you wonder why the hell we all waited so long right? Congratulations seriously that is awesome progress. WOW

LOL yay!!! I like how many "holy shit's" I got out of you there! Hahaha Thank you!!! Yeah it's kind of freaky how fast it has been happening to me. I've always had pretty extreme reactions to medicines, as in, I can take an anti-histamine and be asleep in about 30 minutes. When I started taking birth control, I was nauseous the very first day, exactly at 5 PM everyday until I got my period. If I have a cup of coffee, my heart will be racing and all I smell in my pee is coffee about 30 minutes later. Haha sorry if that's TMI, but point is--I've always wondered what is up with me and drugs. I am so easily affected. Even my doctors are always shocked, but usually it's the other way around---with the drug negatively affecting me. Thankfully this time, it's an extreme positive effect!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I really have no other way to explain it besides my crazy metabolism. Still, don't be jealous! You are going to clear up in no time at all, especially with your dosage increase.

<3

Holy crap, Gina! Your skin is looking so good! You're really clearing up fast!! biggrin.png

THANK YOU!!! It's really helping my confidence. I am loving this medicine so much right now...even if it makes my eyes dry and my lips peel. It is truly a miracle drug. Sounded like you were clearing as well, weren't you? Or are things still the same?

That's so great to hear, Gina! Seriously, your skin is going to be FLAWLESS before you know it! So exciting! :D

Everything seems to be clearing for me, as well. I have one pre-Accutane zit on my chin that's taking such a long time to completely go away though. And I have two other pre-Accutane spots on my cheek they haven't done anything. They're under the skin and they aren't visible. They've been there for weeks, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Never had anything that just stayed there and never surfaced. So weird! I meant to ask my derm to inject them, but I forgot. I'll have to see if he will when I go back in a few weeks. Other than those, the only other zit I have is one I got my second (I think) day on Accutane. Go away, damn thing! Lol. Overall, things are looking great! :)

Guest *Spiro*

I know what you mean about usually getting the negative effects of the medication. I have had that experience quite a bit myself. I am glad that this medication is working to your benefit though! It is seriously amazing the progress you are making! TMI doesn't exist on this website I don't think. If people come on here and describe how they pop a zit and the color of the pus, and masturbating and how many times a day they do it. I am pretty sure you can tell me your pee smells like coffee after you drink it lol.

I hope soon I start to see the results you have man! Im ready for a clear face! COME ONNNNNNN

Hi Gina! I left you a post on Betsy's log (BeautifulDisasters). I'm having trouble keeping track of all the logs I'm following and where I'm posting, haha!

I think it's so great your skin is doing so good!! And by the way, I have the same coffee issue with the racing heart and smelly pee - too funny! I used to be able to drink caffine no prob when I was younger but now I have to go decaf, weird. Green tea doesn't seem to effect me though - I drink raspberry mojito green tea from Teavana, it's super yummy. :)

Haha I like outrageous comments on facebook... always good times to get a rise out of people :P

I'm SO glad I'm not in school having to deal with finals and whatnot while being exhausted on this drug, because I seriously sleep all the damn time. I'm 19 days in, everything is fine so far. Skin and hair are drying out! Luckily my skin isn't sensitive so I'm not experiencing any burning or other sensations as of yet :)

Hey Gina

Your skin is looking so good! It's great to see you seeing results so quickly! On the moisturizer problem, I use a moisturizer called DML. I believe you need to get it from a pharmacy, but I buy it at my dermatologist. It is a little greasy, but it is super hydrating and doesn't break me out. I believe it's pretty simple and basic, but for sensitivity, basic has always worked best for me. My mom has the most sensitive ever, and she got me on it and I really like it.

/>http://www.drugstore.com/dml-moisturizing-lotion/qxp16870?catid=182918

If your out of options it could be worth a shot.

Hey Gina

Your skin is looking so good! It's great to see you seeing results so quickly! On the moisturizer problem, I use a moisturizer called DML. I believe you need to get it from a pharmacy, but I buy it at my dermatologist. It is a little greasy, but it is super hydrating and doesn't break me out. I believe it's pretty simple and basic, but for sensitivity, basic has always worked best for me. My mom has the most sensitive ever, and she got me on it and I really like it.

http://www.drugstore...70?catid=182918

Thank you so much! I love your suggestion and I'll look for it in the stores or ask my dermatologist. I've never heard of DML before.

The weird part is my face stung less last night after washing. Or at least, it burned for about 1-2 minutes, then dissipated. I've been lazy about calling the derm and asking if it's normal or not. I just assumed it was the medicine burning all the acne off! Haha So yeah, must call them.

Although things overall are getting *so* must better, has anyone else noticed their pores becoming HUGE? Wherever I have/had breakouts, the pores look huge and sometimes crater-like. :( I hope they're not scars. My reaction was: wtf is that a hole in my face?!?

Haha but then again, once major things start going down, it's easy to focus on the minor flaws. We're never satisfied, right?

quotes Betsy *HOLY SHITTT, hahaha. You look fantastic! Your skin is going to be as clear as a baby's butt!!!!

THANK YOU!!! Yeah buddy! Cannot wait for that baby butt face! lol Seriously, though. A few tender spots have surfaced since yesterday on my cheeks in my problem areas. Hopefully they will be zapped away soon. Also, have you noticed the HUGE PORES, Taylor? It's weird. Will it go away after treatment?

Haha I like outrageous comments on facebook... always good times to get a rise out of people tongue.png

I'm SO glad I'm not in school having to deal with finals and whatnot while being exhausted on this drug, because I seriously sleep all the damn time. I'm 19 days in, everything is fine so far. Skin and hair are drying out! Luckily my skin isn't sensitive so I'm not experiencing any burning or other sensations as of yet smile.png

Awesome to dryness! Yeah I'm *so* ready for school to be over. Caffeine doesn't seem to even work that well for fatigue while on Accutane. It's annoying.

Hi Gina! I left you a post on Betsy's log (BeautifulDisasters). I'm having trouble keeping track of all the logs I'm following and where I'm posting, haha!

I think it's so great your skin is doing so good!! And by the way, I have the same coffee issue with the racing heart and smelly pee - too funny! I used to be able to drink caffine no prob when I was younger but now I have to go decaf, weird. Green tea doesn't seem to effect me though - I drink raspberry mojito green tea from Teavana, it's super yummy. smile.png

THANK YOU!!! I actually had some coffee this morning and it made me really hyper but now I'm crashing after lunch. :( I feel you, and agree on the green tea being much more gentle. I love green tea. Mmmm mojito green tea?!?!?! Delish! My favorite is a Blueberry Jasmine Green Tea from this local tea shop. Divine!

I just called my dermatologist and they said it was "totally normal for your skin to burn for a few minutes after washing it, because retinoids make your skin really sensitive." She said if it's really bad and lasts for a long time, they can take me off the medicine, but right away I said, "no no no! it's not that bad!" Haha She said it will especially burn in the first few weeks as your skin gets used to it, but will hurt less and less. She said not to switch moisturizers...that I just have sensitive skin and it will get easier.

Weird, huh?

Hey Gina

http://www.drugstore...70?catid=182918

Thank you so much! I love your suggestion and I'll look for it in the stores or ask my dermatologist. I've never heard of DML before.

The weird part is my face stung less last night after washing. Or at least, it burned for about 1-2 minutes, then dissipated. I've been lazy about calling the derm and asking if it's normal or not. I just assumed it was the medicine burning all the acne off! Haha So yeah, must call them.

Although things overall are getting *so* must better, has anyone else noticed their pores becoming HUGE? Wherever I have/had breakouts, the pores look huge and sometimes crater-like. sad.png I hope they're not scars. My reaction was: wtf is that a hole in my face?!?

Haha but then again, once major things start going down, it's easy to focus on the minor flaws. We're never satisfied, right?

quotes Betsy *HOLY SHITTT, hahaha. You look fantastic! Your skin is going to be as clear as a baby's butt!!!!

THANK YOU!!! Yeah buddy! Cannot wait for that baby butt face! lol Seriously, though. A few tender spots have surfaced since yesterday on my cheeks in my problem areas. Hopefully they will be zapped away soon. Also, have you noticed the HUGE PORES, Taylor? It's weird. Will it go away after treatment?

Haha I like outrageous comments on facebook... always good times to get a rise out of people tongue.png

I'm SO glad I'm not in school having to deal with finals and whatnot while being exhausted on this drug, because I seriously sleep all the damn time. I'm 19 days in, everything is fine so far. Skin and hair are drying out! Luckily my skin isn't sensitive so I'm not experiencing any burning or other sensations as of yet smile.png

Awesome to dryness! Yeah I'm *so* ready for school to be over. Caffeine doesn't seem to even work that well for fatigue while on Accutane. It's annoying.

I think it's so great your skin is doing so good!! And by the way, I have the same coffee issue with the racing heart and smelly pee - too funny! I used to be able to drink caffine no prob when I was younger but now I have to go decaf, weird. Green tea doesn't seem to effect me though - I drink raspberry mojito green tea from Teavana, it's super yummy. smile.png

THANK YOU!!! I actually had some coffee this morning and it made me really hyper but now I'm crashing after lunch. sad.png I feel you, and agree on the green tea being much more gentle. I love green tea. Mmmm mojito green tea?!?!?! Delish! My favorite is a Blueberry Jasmine Green Tea from this local tea shop. Divine!

I just called my dermatologist and they said it was "totally normal for your skin to burn for a few minutes after washing it, because retinoids make your skin really sensitive." She said if it's really bad and lasts for a long time, they can take me off the medicine, but right away I said, "no no no! it's not that bad!" Haha She said it will especially burn in the first few weeks as your skin gets used to it, but will hurt less and less. She said not to switch moisturizers...that I just have sensitive skin and it will get easier.

Weird, huh?

That is weird about your burny face problem. I hope it clears up soon!

Also weird - the coffee thing! It's so true, caffeine doesn't do shit! I try to avoid coffee and energy drinks cuz they usually make me jittery, but I've been desperate for a pick-me-up and tried both a few times - NOTHING! I chugged a red bull today to try and power through a paper I'm working on and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

I try to drink green tea throughout the day to space out the caffeine intake bit it makes me pee too much. :( It is a great sadness really because I love green tea. My favourite is The Republic of Tea's Raw Green Bush Plantain Coconut tea. It sounds a little wacky, but it's amazing. :)

Ginaa I have so many huge pores it's CRAZY! Especially around my nose and upper cheeks! It's ICKY

And yes, from what I've read 34082304324 people experience big pores from all that shiat coming out and they don't stay that way foever!

Ginaa I have so many huge pores it's CRAZY! Especially around my nose and upper cheeks! It's ICKY

And yes, from what I've read 34082304324 people experience big pores from all that shiat coming out and they don't stay that way foever!

That's what I've been reading as well. Many people report that problem it seems, but for many it is only temporary, and by the end of their course have shrinkage in their pores from what I;ve read. Just part of the journey we are all on I suppose!

Hahah wooohooo! Huge Pores Club (HPC) Whaddup biggrin.png

Hahahaa thank the lord of small pores!!!

It seriously looks so gross, but can't wait for it to go away!