Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I ama guy with moderate acne and long hair, which I love. I would hate to have it cut because I just love having long hair. Anyway, the problem is that it is causing a lot of acne on my forehead and there are even a few tiny scars left from it.

It makes me depressed that I have caused these scars myself through the decision I made to have long hair. However, at the same time I don't wanna have it cut.

It sounds petty but this is making me upset. Please help. sad.gif

yes hair can cause acne, the oil in the hair.............i say cut it men look better clean and cut.

No thats not necessarily true. I used to have lots of spots on my forehead when I had longer hair and I used to wear on wooly hats that used to cover my forehead a lot of the time. And as you'll probably guess, I used to breakout on my forehead cos my hair was being forced onto my forehead from the pressure of the hat against my skin.

Ever since I decided to keep my hair short and not wear on hats, my forehead has gone 100% clear. My only problem areas now are my upper and lower cheeks.

You can keep your hair if you wish, personally I think men look better clean and cut. Just use a Sa wash to unclog those pores and get rid of the oil.

i dont know what you mean by long hair...but mines usually about to my eyes....i dont break out too much on my forehead though...

SA wash seems to help that a lot.....

Men who have long hair sew anti-theft detector strips into people's backpacks and then experiment by waving an 18c gold carrot in our face.

They pretend to get emotionally upset when everyone asks them what gender they are but deep down inside they love the thrill of being a part of the great unknown.

Blame it on the Tampax man 'cause he comes to collect his taxes too early. Long-haired men have too much oestrogen.

As I see it you have two choices:

1.Look like a ponce and have forehead acne.

2.Look masculine and have no forehead acne.

Damn thats a toughie.

well, i have semi-long hair, it covers my ears and i think i still look very masculine in a cool way. i remember when i used to have it really short. i felt very nerdy and too neat. i think chics dig a little length in the hair, it kinda gives you personality or something like that.

anyway i used to keep my hair over my forehead and right above my eyes and i had a huge forehead acne problem, actually i still have scars from them. now i kind of "spike" it upwards out of my face and i have a realy clear forehead ( but still have the scars. but i really think it had to do with age and hormones.

animal, your responses are always fun to read.

i dyed my hair black and the toxins were on my forehead for 40 mins and it stung like hell, 3 days later......wtf no acne on forehead......fucking awsome experience

As I see it you have two choices:

1.Look like a ponce and have forehead acne.

2.Look masculine and have no forehead acne.

Damn thats a toughie.

As long as men don't put more products in their hair and spend more time on it than myself, I think it can look quite sexy on some.

Dan does not look like a tramp bounty eusa_hand.gifsmile.gif

imo wash with a clarifying shampoo, it will help. and be careful if you use any hair products, many cause stickiness which just attracts more dirt, bacteria, etc. as a girl i used to get the same problem. i do the above and try to keep my hair off of my face, that really helps. razz.gif

if you use a lot of products, and have long hair, i would suggest braiding it, or washing it before you go to bed. they'll get all over your pillow and then end up on your face, and that's just not good. and change your pillow cases frequently.