Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimistic321

Need Some Serious Encouragement

I am in the beginning stages and trying to figure out what works for me. Today marks month one and quite frankly my skin doesnt look much better, I have 5 actives and a lot of blackheads.

Anyway, here's my background. I started week one with a small amount only once a day and then week 2 I moved to twice a day and cleared. I got horrible flakiness though so I switched moisturizer and got jojoba oil and slowed back down to once a day. I stayed clear besides a hormonal breakout...however, 4 days ago I broke out so I ramped it back up to twice a day.

I have had no clearing really and my skin is just flaking up like crazy.

Should I keep going with twice a day and add in AHA+?

I am so frustrated because my acne is so mild but persistent that I was so encouraged the first few weeks and thought for sure it'd be gone now.

Do you think I am breaking out now because I started using jojoba and doing it only once at night for that period of time?

I need some encouragement.

Someone like whatthekell who has been doing the regimen for awhile or had success please.

I found that AHA was nice in the first few days but it quickly gave me rosacea like irritation, had to stop using it.

Id say no more than once per day if its at all irritating. Or every other day. Causing irritation is going to help nothing.

My acne is also mild but very persistant. I am actually just restarting the regimen as of about three weeks ago but used it previously for about a year and a half. In the past I only ever did the bp at night and it kept my skin pretty much perfect. If you try just doing it at night, then it may eventually work for you because your acne is mild, but you may have to be extra patient because it might take more time for you to really see the results you're looking for. You could definitely try adding in the AHA+ and keep using the bp twice a day as well. Although I have to say, I'm an esthetician and I know that lots of people on here talk about using the AHA everyday, but imo 10% glycolic acid everyday is a lot of exfoliation. I'd prob say more like 3 times a week would be better. I think that in the end it just comes down to figuring out what works for you.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think I will add in the AHA soon but only start at once a week and then twice and up to three times a week

My acne is also mild but very persistant. I am actually just restarting the regimen as of about three weeks ago but used it previously for about a year and a half. In the past I only ever did the bp at night and it kept my skin pretty much perfect. If you try just doing it at night, then it may eventually work for you because your acne is mild, but you may have to be extra patient because it might take more time for you to really see the results you're looking for. You could definitely try adding in the AHA+ and keep using the bp twice a day as well. Although I have to say, I'm an esthetician and I know that lots of people on here talk about using the AHA everyday, but imo 10% glycolic acid everyday is a lot of exfoliation. I'd prob say more like 3 times a week would be better. I think that in the end it just comes down to figuring out what works for you.

I also have mild but persistent acne so decided to do the regimen. I am only doing the BP once per day but am doing it in the morning. You say you do yours at night....is there an advantage or reason for choosing to do it at night instead of morning?? Mainly for the dryness? Just trying to figure out if it would be better for me to do it at night instead!

Thanks!

Definitely be careful with AHA... I've had some crazy reactions to it, so the best advise is SLOWLY and SPARSELY... I found AHA to be much stronger than BP so you should definitely patch test at least three times before applying on your entire face... The last thing you want to happen is you getting a wicked rash from irritation... Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!!! :)

I also have mild but persistent acne so decided to do the regimen. I am only doing the BP once per day but am doing it in the morning. You say you do yours at night....is there an advantage or reason for choosing to do it at night instead of morning?? Mainly for the dryness? Just trying to figure out if it would be better for me to do it at night instead!

Thanks!

For me the advantage to doing it at night is to avoid bleaching any clothes I care about. I have found it impossible to not bleach things in the past, even when very careful to let it dry, dress before etc so for me it just wasn't worth the risk of ruining my clothes lol. So I just use it at night and be sure to only wear things to bed that I don't really care that much about in case they get bleached.

i started the DKR a week ago.

twice BP per day.

i used jojoba oil from day one

and a week later, i have 0 acne, i swear my face was clear cept for some blemishes.

and someone told me i wasnt suppose to start out that fast.

well, i did, and it worked amazinly well. my skin was dry and had lots of flakes it was just gross..it was always painful too my skin was irritated and burned like hell.

but it was just for 4 or 5 days, till i got result.

so i would say, use BP twice a day, morning and night. takes about a week for your skin to get used to it. but after that one week, everything will be worth it.

but everybodys skin is different tho