Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lump In Pubic Area

Ok so I've had this problem for about 2 years now. I think it all stems from me shaving with a manual razor without much technique when I was younger.

In my pubic area I get a huuuge lump every now and then IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT. It starts hard, then grows to become about the size of a cm in length and width in usually 3 days. It is very inflamed and hurts to touch and then usually the next morning I will see it comes to a head and out comes a massive amount of pus. I've had this happen to me close to 20 times IN THE SAME SPOT.

The thing is though that the doctors can't seem to cure it. It sounds like an ingrown hair right? The doctor will prescribe me doxycyclin (like the same stuff used for acne) and some anti bacterial gel. Nothing has worked. He says I just have sensitive skin and that it isn't an infection (took blood sample of mine). I keep wondering though, why in the SAME SPOT? Sometimes it will stay away for a while, or in the span of 2 months this will happen 4 times or so. I really don't know what to do.

Is it an ingrown hair, a boil, deeply infected follicle/folliculitis, staph infection, etc. what is it!?!? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

It's also left a scar. A little ice pick and the rest just a general scar. Can I derma roll this when it isn't active?