Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emia18

Bp Advice--What I Did To Prevent Really Bad Irritation

Hey guys so I'm on month two and a half of the regimen and extremely pleased with the results... No active pimples at the moment!

I see a lot of posts on here about irritation/redness/flakiness and I want to tell you that these side effects aren't really unavoidable. But there are things you can do to make them minimal.

I had very mild flakiness and that was it. Nothing to complain about. This is because I started off VERY, VERY slowly. This is the key. Only you know your skin and you know how much you can handle. My advice is to start off with a pea-sized amount ONCE A DAY for at least two weeks. Work your way up to the full amount very slowly and cautiously.

Like I said, I'm on month two and a half and I've only begun using the full amount a few days ago, but I still only use a full amount once a day. Sometimes, if I'm having a breakout, I'll use a pea-sized amount in the morning. I wouldn't recommend using a full amount twice a day--this can be extremely overwhelming to most people--especially if you have sensitive skin.

I would recommend this if you want to avoid bad irritation. It might take a little longer for it to work, but you will avoid a ton of unnecessary pain and frustration. Feel free to ask any questions!

Start slowly yes, thats recommended. But really, quickly or slowly, your skin should ideally get used to BP over time no matter. Am I wrong for thinking this? You may suffer at the beginning weeks but you'll overcome it just the same?

I started too fast and im on week 8 and still dealing with dryness and crazy flakes! But i do agree the full 2 pumps 2 times a day is still alot for alot of people to handle.

I went down to 1 pump and a half a few days ago so im hoping that helps! If not Ill try your advise of a tiny bit in the morning and at night a full one.

Yeah your skin should be able to adjust over time--you would just be avoiding a lot of pain by going slowly rather than quickly.

And clearbyjune30, good luck! Don't get discouraged. Keep us updated!

Soo I really wanna try and reduce my flaking and dryness! I only have 3 active spots near my forehead and everything else is clear and almost mark free! The flaking is really a drag though or else I'd probably be extremely happy!! I've been using aha at night, and I might buy a moisturizer that already has aha in it, and it helps, but I feel the bp always wins! soo starting today I'm gunna go down to alittle more than 1 pump 2 times a day! Huge difference from 2 pumps a day! I'm hoping I can continue to clear up without the extreme dryness and flakes! I can deal with alittle dryness but what I have right now is not fair lol soo I'll keep you updated ;)

To make myself clear, no pun intended lol

Ive been on 2 pumps 2x a day.Clearing but too dry and too many flakes to be happy

I'm now gunna try about 1 pump 2x a day.

hopefully I stay clear and have less dryness

kinda taking a risk! but I need to listen to my skin, and it just can't take 2 pumps right now.