Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spot

huge amount of whiteheads!

its getting really annoying, but nothing seems to work for my whiteheads. i aint been getting many spots but, i have so many whiteheads all over my face and its getting depressing...

nothing seems to work, i wash my face get rid of most of them but they keep coming back. usually in the huge amount of pores i have on my face sad.gif

I use face wash, i use BP, i use BP and Facewash. just dont do anything to get rid of them...someone please help...sad.gif

its getting really annoying, but nothing seems to work for my whiteheads. i aint been getting many spots but, i have so many whiteheads all over my face and its getting depressing...

nothing seems to work, i wash my face get rid of most of them but they keep coming back. usually in the huge amount of pores i have on my face sad.gif

I use face wash, i use BP, i use BP and Facewash. just dont do anything to get rid of them...someone please help...sad.gif

For whitehead sufferers:

Hi- I have tried everything and I think the most effective product I have used for "healing" is Zinc. I dont get that many whiteheads, but I think the zinc would dry those. Hang in there!

For whitehead sufferers:

Hi-  I have tried everything and I think the most effective product I have used for "healing" is Zinc. I dont get that many whiteheads, but I  think the zinc would dry those.  Hang in there!

whitehead's are ALL that i get. They start out very small, get inflamed bigger and bigger until i get mad and drain them or they pop by thereselves... in my oppinion its the most annoying type of acne out there because the outbreaks are so erratic and random, not to mention half the time you cannnot make them JUST dissapear and usually result in popping the pimples intentionally or unintentionally. I have noticed sacylic acid based face washes do better than other types, and even dish soap at times. The secret ive found to controlling this acne is washing your face more than the reccomended dosage per day, first off with hot water, i like to apply bp cream, then wash this off with COLD water to close pores... ive had pretty good sucess in the past and i only break out bad when i leave my skin unattented.

In all, drop the twice a day bullshit and adjust your regimen according to how your face feel's, when you work out, the humidity of the weather ect. It is my belief that whitehead's are mostly sweat/oil induced. In my case.

i've never heard of zinc, i think ill look into that even though i eat a bowl of grainy good cereal a day, i wouldn't think i would have a defficiency.

In terms of preventing them, by far the best results from my experience is to use benzaclin or duac. You need to see a doc to get a srip! It is 5% bp plus an antibiotic

Whiteheads are also known as closed comedos. Essentially there is a thin layer of skin keeping the whiteheads insulated from virtually all medicines. About the only thing you can do is to have them extracted by a good dermatologist. My suggestion is to never do it on your own, you will makes things worse. I have found that even retin-a will not get rid of exixting whiteheads.