Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LillyMay77

Bactrim Or Double Dose Of Doxy

I have been taking doxy for 8 months at 100 mg, it kept me pretty clear, cept for a cyst every other month or so, just about 6 weeks ago my derm upped my dose to 200 mg, and it doesn't seem to be working. I have three cysts on my face right now, but they are considerably smaller then the ones I normally get. Should I give the doxy more time or take the bactrim? The fear of stevens johnson syndrome frightens me enough to not want to take it, I know it is rare, but If anything rare would happen it would happen to me. My cysts use to be enormous, now they are small cysts that go away in a week, whereas before they took two weeks. Could this mean the doxy is taking effect? I would do anything not to have to take bactrim.

Doxycycline usually shows significant improvement after 3 months of use. However, the more you take it, you will develop a tolerance towards the antibiotic, and renders it useless after a certain point.

Try to explain to your dermatologist about your fear of certain side effects, and see if there are any alternatives.

Edited by psych0sis