Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexp123

Regimen Acne Scars

I've been on the regimen for 9 weeks now. I am now more frustrated and depressed about my skin because of the acne scarring/red marks that will not budge!

Are there any regimen users out there that think the acne scars that benzoyl peroxide cause are A LOT more frustrating and off-putting than the original spots in the first place. I have scarring since being on the regimen where before spots would come and ago in a few days.

Any advice for treating them?

hey alex,

I completely feel the same, and am frustrated as a result. In spite of clearing up a bit, the marks left behind are very red and ugly.

I usually treat hyperpigmentation with natural remedies like honey, neem etc. I also used Diacneal by Avene to even out my skin tone and it really helped!

Now that we are on DKR I don't know what to use and am tempted to stop and go back to my earlier treatments. They say the acne.org AHA slowly helps to fade marks.

I am in the same boat as you! my pimples have been coming and going a lot faster, and I am also a popper! so that never turns out good. I have a spot where I popped and is now a small scab, but I've been avoiding bp in that spot because I know doing the usual Regimen over it may cause some scarring!

Luckily, my skin is resilient (knocks on wood) and doesn't really do the indented scars. Just the darker colored ones which fade in months. So once I'm completely clear I'm going to use AHA to fade the discoloration.

I plan on using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, because I hear that Dan's BP causes some to purge a little more, which I dont feel like going through.

Is your skin clear now? Mine isn't completely so I have to keep using the BP. Are you planning to use Neutrogena face lotion in place of the BP?

I have the AHA just waiting for the right time to introduce it..I hope it helps!

skin is most definitely not clear! but breakouts are currently minimized.

I'm going to use the neutrogena healthy skin after the BP

so it'll be

-Wash - BP - Neutrogena (AHA) - possibly moisturize.

I will do this 3 times a week, only at night.

Oh great, so its a form of AHA. But a a milder form than dan's AHA which is probably a good way to ease into it. Let me know how it goes for you! I have the same issue, not indents, but red marks which fade in time but I hate that I always have to start over when I break out.

I saw the picture you posted in another post and your skin looked amazing. I'm sure you will be back there soon enough!