Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the past 3 months that my skin has been shitty, I have lost 20 lbs. I seriously barely eat during the day. It sucks. Im hungry, but im afraid of eating something that is going to aggravate my skin. Its now 1 pm and I havent had 1 thing in my stomach. I know its bad. For those that deal with the same or similar thing, what do you do for food and to combat all this? Money is not an issue..I could go out and spend $200 on food.

Edited by Murph89

Not eating is not healthy at all, You need the nutrients from food for a healthy body and healthy skin. But if your seriously scared to eat try this.

go out and buy yourself a juicer. (45$ at Walmart) load up on a bunch or organic veggies and fruit, a juicer will juice about anything. And if you mix the veggies and fruit together in one glass it taste delicious. Seriously I HATE veggies with a passion, but I will throw like 3 carrots, spinach, celery, beats, (all the nasty shit in one glass) and then add whatever fruit you like. Not only is this a tasty treat but it's PACKED full of nutrition, I literally get high off of the juice I make. No joke!

Your stomach might hate you for a week just cause its flushing out all the nasty shit. Please give it a shot!

For the past 3 months that my skin has been shitty, I have lost 20 lbs. I seriously barely eat during the day. It sucks. Im hungry, but im afraid of eating something that is going to aggravate my skin. Its now 1 pm and I havent had 1 thing in my stomach. I know its bad. For those that deal with the same or similar thing, what do you do for food and to combat all this? Money is not an issue..I could go out and spend $200 on food.

I'm sorry to hear that you're afraid to eat food!

I have good news for you though, I can tell you what types of food causes acne.

Grains: Bread, Oatmeal, Pasta, Rice, ect...

High Sugar: Soda, Candy, ect...

Avoid: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Almost all boxed food, Aspartame, GMO's

Now here's what you can stuff your face with.

Whole Foods:

Vegetables - Brocolli, Cauliflower, Bell Peppers, ect... (Avoid White potatoes, peas, beats, High in the GI index)

Chicken

Fish

Eggs

Fruits - Keep at a minimum

If you're not supplementing in vitamins and minerals, YOU'RE CRAZY!

If you're not supplementing with protein powder, YOU'RE CRAZY!

I have a few good products that can be a life safer if you're interested... Shoot me a message...

Best Regards. smile.png

Edited by overfl00d

I dont have acne. I have rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and perioral dermatitis. Thats what im being treated for anyway. Im just afraid of certain foods making my skin more red than it is. Im going to start the candida diet I guess. Which is no fruit, all vegetables, all meat no pork, gluten free, nuts, salmon, and water and teas.

Living your nightmare.....however I'm starting to eat more again :)

If your not eating meat, bread, rice, pasta or potatoes

Then how do you possibly keep weight on?

how can you make proper meals without those ingredients?

You must be seriously skinny and low in energy.

I spend $160-$180 a week. I buy mostly organic raw foods. Eating raw foods will pull the toxins out of the skin, so you might keep breaking out, but if you keep eating healthy, eventually.. you'll be all clear and your skin will be smooth, scars won't be bad.. etc. Also, eating healthy is good for overall health. Can't go wrong with eating raw foods for ever! biggrin.png I'm a vegan and since I started all raw, I broke out more because it is cleansing. It isn't that bad.. just that I broke out with some acne.. but forehead was worse... it is healing now.. so many red scars.

In terms of weight, I only lost like 5-8 lbs. My muscles did decreased a bit 'cause I stopped lifting weight for so long, but I am still ripped and I don't look skinny. Gotta eat a lot of veggies and fruits more calories. I also eat eat a lot of fats which helps me to stay at my weight. I'm glad I started going to the gym again since college is almost over... I have finals which I haven't studied much, but my goal is not to get a high grade.. I don't wanna study a lot ;\

Edited by EddieE

Mate that's way too much for one person to spend on food for themselves.

I could eat take out every day and it wouldn't come to that.

Since you're eating raw and healthy

Gave you ever considered urine therapy?

The idea is that there isn't any waste because all of the food is so good.

So in the morning you drink your own piss.

A lot of athletes do it.

Mate that's way too much for one person to spend on food for themselves.

I could eat take out every day and it wouldn't come to that.

Since you're eating raw and healthy

Gave you ever considered urine therapy?

The idea is that there isn't any waste because all of the food is so good.

So in the morning you drink your own piss.

A lot of athletes do it.

Lol. Never heard of this! Well, I don't eat 100% raw. I would say like %90-%95. I know, it is a lot of money for one person, but I think it is worth it. I live with parents, so I should be OK for a while sick.gif I'm looking for a new job 'cause I spend my whole paycheck on foods. I don't make much. I work at UPS, so it is a low-pay

Edited by EddieE

Mate you shouldn't be working just to eat

That can't be right. There's nothing wrong

With eating healthy but you should find

A cheaper way of doing it. Organic probably isn't nessasery.

I'd like my piss if I was eating like you. Look into it

A lot of people have had good results from it.

IM pretty skinny yes. I was weighing 155 lbs and working out crossfit only 3 months ago. I was ripped. Im down to 130 at 5'7. Its sucks. Im going to the store tonight to buy some new stuff. I hate having to be so careful on what to eat with these conditions. Its fuckin bullshit!

Edited by Murph89

IM pretty skinny yes. I was weighing 155 lbs and working out crossfit only 3 months ago. I was ripped. Im down to 130 at 5'7. Its sucks. Im going to the store tonight to buy some new stuff. I h(ate having to be so careful on what to eat with these conditions. Its fuckin bullshit!

Dude I'm like 120 lbs and 5-8 ...don't go as far as me...eat any food you want!

Mate you shouldn't be working just to eat

That can't be right. There's nothing wrong

With eating healthy but you should find

A cheaper way of doing it. Organic probably isn't nessasery.

I'd like my piss if I was eating like you. Look into it

A lot of people have had good results from it.

I would LOVE to have an all raw/organic diet. And yes its very expensive, if i could do it i would. What your saying is complete bullshit, do you know what is put into non-organic foods? Food nowadays is genetically modified, we're introducing DNA into our body that humans have never seen before for thousands of years. Is that something I want in my body? Hell no, please do a little research on the topic before you tell someone what their doing is wrong.

IM pretty skinny yes. I was weighing 155 lbs and working out crossfit only 3 months ago. I was ripped. Im down to 130 at 5'7. Its sucks. Im going to the store tonight to buy some new stuff. I h(ate having to be so careful on what to eat with these conditions. Its fuckin bullshit!

I wish I could back to eating anything I wanted. Im going on the candida diet. Which is no dairy (which I havent had in 2 years) no gluten products, no sugar, and low carbs and obviously no alcohol. I cant imagine what a beer would do to me. Its a very strict diet but with my skin condition(s) im going to give it a shot and see if I cant reduce my symptoms. Its hard though because im in a little 2 bedroom apartment with 2 other people so its hard to do my own thing when It comes to food and skin care with 1 tiny bathroom. Ugh.

Edited by Murph89

brown rice, potatoes, buckwheat, fruits=safe carb. eat them as much as you want as those are NATURAL foods and wont cause the sugar>insulin>oily skin process.

dont worry about low carb, our body is well designed to "handle" high amount of carb/sugar without having acne. now when it comes to carbs from GRAIN, thats the problem.

meat/fish=protein. its safe, eat as much as you want.

avocado=fat=safe.

now you cover all your needs.

after few weeks on this strict diet you should get clear then introduce one food at a time and see if it causes reaction.

dont strave just go eat now some chicken or tuna or sardins+3 bananas and 5 apples, or eat some dried dates or prunes etc.

Edited by arqa22

brown rice, potatoes, buckwheat, fruits=safe carb. eat them as much as you want as those are NATURAL foods and wont cause the sugar>insulin>oily skin process.

dont worry about low carb, our body is well designed to "handle" high amount of carb/sugar without having acne. now when it comes to carbs from GRAIN, thats the problem.

meat/fish=protein. its safe, eat as much as you want.

avocado=fat=safe.

now you cover all your needs.

after few weeks on this strict diet you should get clear then introduce one food at a time and see if it causes reaction.

dont strave just go eat now some chicken or tuna or sardins+3 bananas and 5 apples, or eat some dried dates or prunes etc.

The diet says no potatoes, and very limited fruit since they contain the most sugar. The whole thing about the diet is to starve the yeast of their food source (sugar). Fruits contain a lot of sugar. Brown rice yes. Dried fruit no. Tuna no salmon yes. I like salmon better anyway. Eggs yes. Nuts in a limited amount. Gluten free products. Quinoa which i love. Its strict, but If i can stick to it, im hoping to see some results.

Edited by Murph89

Fruits does contain a lot of sugars, but it is natural and good for you. Fruits can actually cleanse your body, etc. I still weight the same and all I eat is raw food. I only lost like 6-8 lbs. Thank god I didn't lost like 20. You gotta eat more, like lots of veggies and fruits.

Edited by EddieE

I'm 5'6 and weigh almost 170 pounds :D I do however, workout alot, mainly weights and occasionally some cardio. I have a terrible case of acne, but before when i was clear I ate loads of junk food and didn't breakout. Now for some reason even thinking about junk food makes me breakout. I know it sucks but what can ya do right? life's a bitch. But, u can still eat loads without exploding into pimples. All you need to do is make it balanced and reduce the oil content to a minimum. Protein is essential for replacing and repairing cells in your body and so it helps rejuvenates your skin in a way. You need energy to do that so you want carbohydrates, plenty of fibre and vitamins so that your digestive system is working well in order to absorb all the stuff you eat. Lastly, you want to drink alot of water. When I say alot i mean u need to open ur mouth, place ur head down a running river and drink it dry.>.< I hope this helps.

OK, I want you to know that what you EAT or DRINK has nothing to do with your acne. I know from personal experience (went on a legit diet for a month; still got the same stuff I regularly got). Now go eat something please.

OK, I want you to know that what you EAT or DRINK has nothing to do with your acne. I know from personal experience (went on a legit diet for a month; still got the same stuff I regularly got). Now go eat something please.

Please don't throw false facts around.....your diet can make acne worse....just because it made no difference for you dosent mean it wont for someone else ....although I to wish this kid would eat something .

So you are saying that some of us no matter how healthy we eat, we have to have to have this disease called acne. It's nature's intention?

If you look into it, countries where they eat organic food and very low amount of sugar, only around 2% of their population has acne. And that 2% is probably just related to alcohol abuse, liver problem or other internal problems.

What did you thought acne was caused by? Not washing your face? Having dirt on it?

Just don't look on here for advice on what to eat. Just read the articles you find on the internet that are backed up with research. I find that the articles are all very similar and have the same recommendations and on here there is just too much conflicting information and different "acne diets" that people go on.