Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought some litmus paper that indicates the PH value; I put it in my mouth with my saliva and it reads slightly higher than that of an average person. It's more in the region of 8, which indicates that I'm more Alkaline. And it's said that people with acne are often too acidic. I mentioned my reading to someone, and they said that I'm buffering Ammonia, and that I'm defficient in minerals. I wonder if this has anything to do with my dry skin and acne.

Anyone else with acne tested their PH value? (Potential Hydrogen), or Power of Hydrogen.

Just a passing thought.

The pH of your saliva is different from that of your stomach, your small intestine, your large intestine and your skin.

I don't put too much stock in how "acidic" someone is, because it's better to focus on the overall picture by consuming nutritious food rather than just focusing on particular minerals/salts that have an alkalizing effect on the body or anything of that sort. If you eat and live healthy, your body's acid/base levels will balance out.

Not really. I got my whole family to do them, and they all indicated the same. I'm the only one with acne and mine was the only one that tested being too Alkaline. They are accurate, because you can also test them on all sorts of things: water, fruit, and other liquids etc.

Edited by doodleme123

The paper itself is accurate, but to truly get the ph of your gut I bet you'd need to somehow get that paper inside your intestines first. Show it up your *** and we'll see the results....jk.

I just pee'd on it and the results are exactly the same. Alkaline and acne; not sure whether they have anything to do with eachother.